AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Lock this meet thread please  (Read 3680 times)

davmillar

• Last Login: May 13, 2021, 01:41:13 PM
    • Interst8
Re: Fort Worth Road Meet(?)
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2019, 12:22:56 PM »

Any specific date ranges folks are interested in? I'm thinking a Saturday in September or October. The only one that wouldn't work for me is Sept. 28.
Try out my puzzle game Interst8 at https://interst8.us

davmillar

• Interst8
Re: 2024 Fort Worth Road Meet(?)
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2019, 01:14:41 PM »

Any specific date ranges folks are interested in? I'm thinking a Saturday in September or October. The only one that wouldn't work for me is Sept. 28.
Um, can we please put this meet on hold until 2024? That would be ideal, as that is the 175th anniversary of the founding of Fort Worth as an army outpost on a bluff overlooking the Trinity River. That year is also the 150th anniversary of Fort Worth as an incorporated city, so thereís double meaning to a Fort Worth Road Meet in 2024. :biggrin:
Alternate idea: since the proposed meet spends a lot of time west of the city, maybe have a separate meet that's more FW-centric in 2024? Would probably be better to stick closer to the city then, and there could be alternate activities for that one, like clinching loop I-820 and maybe I-35W.

davmillar

• Interst8
Re: 2024 Fort Worth Road Meet(?)
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »

A proper date for davmillarís ideas for a 2019 Fort Worth Road Meet later this year (late summer/early fall) should consist of a poll to determine which date would work best for those interested in attending. In that case, a separate poll thread may need to be created.
I'll check for any other events or construction that could cause conflicts and will create a poll thread. In the meantime, this thread can get renamed back to a general Texas meetup discussion thread in case folks were angling for an Austin meet as well and wanted to do pre-planning here.

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 01:30:27 AM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: Austin Meet(?)-Gauging Interest
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 05:30:09 PM »

Um, can we please put this meet on hold until 2024? That would be ideal, as that is the 175th anniversary of the founding of Fort Worth as an army outpost on a bluff overlooking the Trinity River. That year is also the 150th anniversary of Fort Worth as an incorporated city, so thereís double meaning to a Fort Worth Road Meet in 2024. :biggrin:
Alternate idea: since the proposed meet spends a lot of time west of the city, maybe have a separate meet that's more FW-centric in 2024? Would probably be better to stick closer to the city then, and there could be alternate activities for that one, like clinching loop I-820 and maybe I-35W.
Ignore Kevin, FWIW. If you want to do the meet this year, next year, whenever, just do it! You have that right! He is not the meet police.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 09:11:04 PM
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2019, 06:25:51 PM »

Who cares about multiples of 25? Fuck off, Kevin.

cl94

• Trust me, I'm a transportation engineer

• Last Login: Today at 12:09:34 AM
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »

Ignore Kevin, FWIW. If you want to do the meet this year, next year, whenever, just do it! You have that right! He is not the meet police.

This. If you're not gonna host the meet, you don't get to choose the date. End of story.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Brandon

• Mr. Accelerator is our friend; Mr. Brake is not.

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 07:26:48 PM
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 11:37:24 PM »

This. If you're not gonna host the meet, you don't get to choose the date. End of story.

Much agreed.  Kev, either shit or get off the pot.  Have the gumption and drive without your parents and host it, or knock it off with the silly crap.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

Illinois: America's own banana republic.

sprjus4

• Last Login: Today at 01:35:46 AM
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2019, 02:27:07 AM »

Look guys, I donít have the means to drive right now.
Then don't talk about hosting a road meet - and nobody will say anything.

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: July 30, 2021, 10:29:39 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2019, 10:34:26 PM »

Look guys, I donít have the means to drive right now.
Then don't talk about hosting a road meet - and nobody will say anything.

sprjus4 may be a bit blunt, but if you can't host you may want to postpone any plans unless you know someone in the area who can assist. IF it happened I would be interested in attending, but too far away to consider hosting such a shindig.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.