News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 641 In Kentucky

Started by The Ghostbuster, June 15, 2019, 04:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

I once heard or read that US 641 between Eddyville and Marion was going to be upgraded into a four lane highway? Was that project canceled, as other than a potential new alignment north of Fredonia to south of Marion, the highway is still two lanes?

hbelkins

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 15, 2019, 04:13:27 PM
I once heard or read that US 641 between Eddyville and Marion was going to be upgraded into a four lane highway? Was that project canceled, as other than a potential new alignment north of Fredonia to south of Marion, the highway is still two lanes?

Part of it is under construction now; there have been some holdups because of controversies over the route the road will take.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Vista72455

Actually, the first section between Marion and Fredonia opened late last fall.  It is two lane although that seems to have been a late decision.  All of the earthwork was done for a divided four-lane and even one four-lane bridge was completed.  It is a nice road and joins into the previous 641 nicely.  I notified Google about a month ago that the map was still showing the previous route, but still has not been updated.  Apparently, nothing has been done on the next section.

Thanks
Scott
Evansville IN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.