Cheese (Pepperjack)
Bacon
Pickles
Mustard
Jalapenos
Grilled onions

Same here

kphoger

This is something that varies by mood.  What I put on a burger one day isn't the same thing I put on it two months later.  But...

1.  Cheese.  No point in having a burger without it.
2.  Mayo and/or mustard.
3.  Leaf lettuce, for some crunch.
4.  Tomato, for some juiciness.
5.  Onion.  Raw, grilled, or both.

If you want to make me extra happy, put a fried egg on top.

If you want to make me super-duper happy, put a slice of ham on it too.

Pickle slices are fine, but I don't really care one way or the other.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

NWI_Irish96

Cheese and bacon, nothing else.

I'm very much not a condiments/toppings person. Don't dip my fries in anything. Prefer my sandwiches to have only bread, meat and cheese
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jeffandnicole

Not inclusive...

Condiments: Either/or spicy mustard, mayo, thousand island & blue cheese dressing.

Toppings: Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onions, avocado, coleslaw

Cheeses: American, Cheddar, Blue Cheese...well, almost anything, and lots of it, but swiss.

Bacon on a burger doesn't do anything for me (sorry not sorry, you can't ban me from these forums without a fair trial).

kphoger

I have learned that you can't put too many slippery toppings on your burger, or it won't stay together.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Anyone else do this?  You're at a birthday party or a company grill-out, and you get to choose a hot dog or a hamburger.  So you take both, cut the hot dog lengthwise, and put it on your burger.
Male pronouns, please.

Big John

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 02, 2021, 02:11:36 PM
Cheese and bacon, nothing else.

I'm very much not a condiments/toppings person. Don't dip my fries in anything. Prefer my sandwiches to have only bread, meat and cheese
same here.

jmacswimmer

-Cheese (typically colby jack, cheddar, or american, but really anything)
-Lettuce
-Tomato
-Ketchup AND mayo
-Bacon, but only occasionally when I'm feeling it
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

TheHighwayMan3561

Depends on the quality of the burger. If it's high quality mom and pop restaurant/made in my kitchen, just meat and American cheese. If it's McDonald's, I'm usually adding extra onions if not extra ketchup too.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

JayhawkCO

Life is too short for American "cheese".

Chris

Big John

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Big John on April 02, 2021, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on April 02, 2021, 02:49:25 PM
Life is too short for American "cheese".

Chris
I prefer cheddar.

I prefer any cheese with flavor that's actually natural cheese.  If it's 51% cheese, apparently it can be called cheese. 

Chris

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: kphoger on April 02, 2021, 02:15:02 PM
Anyone else do this?  You're at a birthday party or a company grill-out, and you get to choose a hot dog or a hamburger.  So you take both, cut the hot dog lengthwise, and put it on your burger.

i don't feel like so much of a fatty anymore.

there's a place near here that will, as the story goes, make you a stuffed cheeseburger, with two grilled cheese sandwiches for buns.

i mean.... right?
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

index

An entire onion slice is the only way to enjoy onions on a burger, change my mind. Cooked, grilled, caramelized, raw, what have you. There's hardly a way to screw onions up. Romaine lettuce (iceberg lettuce is an abomination and should be avoided at all costs), avocado, whole grain mustard, very thinly sliced tomatoes. Cheese and bacon sometimes, depends on my mood. Also a generous amount of chipotle mayonnaise with a hint of lime on the buns. Dill pickles, but thinly, smoothly sliced only. No thick or crinkle cut pickles.

Somebody else mentioned fries. The best way to enjoy them are seasoned ones that are seasoned and cooked well enough they don't need any condiments. Probably a hot take but IMO, if you need sauces with your fries (unless they're being specifically made to go with a condiment), you have bad fries. Just like how if you need steak sauce with your steak, you probably have a bad steak.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

kphoger

Quote from: index on April 02, 2021, 03:21:56 PM
(iceberg lettuce is an abomination and should be avoided at all costs)

Iceberg lettuce adds good crunch to a salad when mixed with more delicate greens.  But, on a burger, those more delicate greens give enough crunch.
Male pronouns, please.

Rothman

Cheese, lettuce, onions, mushrooms, mustard, ketchup, mayo.

I do not like tomatoes.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

Quote from: Rothman on April 02, 2021, 03:43:17 PM
I do not like tomatoes.

I'm not crazy about tomatoes by themselves, but I think they add needed moisture to a hamburger.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Pretty much almost everything I've ever seen offered at burger restaurants.

wanderer2575

Standard for me is lettuce, tomato, pickles, a little onion (raw or grilled).  I don't like any condiments put on the burger for me because it's always applied too heavilly, but sometimes I'll dab on a drop of ketchup before each bite.

Extras if they're available and I'm in the mood:  sautéed mushrooms, bacon, jalapeños.  Mayo is not allowed in the vicinity.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on April 02, 2021, 03:46:42 PM
Quote from: Rothman on April 02, 2021, 03:43:17 PM
I do not like tomatoes.

I'm not crazy about tomatoes by themselves, but I think they add needed moisture to a hamburger.

I don't love raw tomatoes either.  I'm not so picky that I take them off of a burger, but I wouldn't put them on myself.  Condiments provide said moisture (or not overcooking the heck out of the burger) for me.

Chris

Roadgeekteen

Cheese, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, relish, sometimes onion and tomato but not always.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

I have two cheeseburger builds (can't have a burger without cheese) that I will switch between depending on my mood. One is just ketchup and mustard. The other is ketchup, mayo, and lettuce. Lettuce and mayo don't mix with mustard, in my opinion, since they're both somewhat sweet and they don't go with the spice of mustard.

I like pickles on burgers, but most places put way too many pickles on their burgers, to the point that they're overlapping, which means it's hard to actually get an entire pickle in one bite, or to cleanly bite through the pickle, meaning it gets pulled out of the burger and hangs out of your mouth awkwardly. I'd like no more than two or three pickle slices on a burger, but that's awkward to communicate to most burger places, so I will sometimes just go without.

I also like onions on burgers, but most burger places, again, put way too much onion on, to the point that you can taste nothing but onion. (The meat should be the star of the show on a good burger, don't overpower it with the toppings!) Basically the only time I allow onion is at McDonalds (since they don't do this) or if I am making the burger myself and thus can control the amount of onion I put on the burger.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.