What Section of Interstate NOT in your state have you been on the most?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 18, 2021, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I-55 between Hammond, La & Jackson, Ms. Goes back to when I was attending LSU, and driving back n' forth from Baton Rouge to Jackson concerning field work for my thesis.
PA Turnpike (traveling between Ohio and Philly for family) would be 2nd.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

jp the roadgeek

For an interstate not in my state: definitely I-90 between I-84 and I-290/I-395. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

JCinSummerfield

I-280 in Toledo.  I drive it 1 mile every day to work and home.

CoreySamson

I'll do it by state (in order from most traveled to least traveled)

LA: I-10 across the Horace Wilkinson Bridge
AR: I-30, I-440, and I-40 from Texarkana to Memphis
TN: I-40 between exits 14 and 18
MS: I-55 (pretty sure most of it)
AL: I-10 through the Mobile tunnel
FL: Probably I-10 through the Panhandle
NC: I-85 between Charlotte and Kannapolis
CA: Probably I-5 between I-8 and downtown San Diego
SC (and GA): I-85

Other states I either can't remember or didn't use an interstate.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

DJDBVT

Sections of Interstates that don't enter my state (VT): I-495 between MA 2 and MA 123
Sections of Interstates that do enter my state: I-91 between MA 2 WB and the MA/VT line
I've been on the latter much more than the former for reasons that should be obvious  :D

jdb1234

Easy one for me:

I-75 in Florida between Lake City and Naples.

Skye

It would be too easy for me to list one in Kentucky or Indiana so I'm going to skip those states and list mine as I-75 in Tennessee between I-640 and TN/KY. Childhood trips from Cincinnati to Florida and trips as an adult from Cincinnati to Myrtle Beach.

ethanhopkin14

This is a tough one.  I might say I-20 between the Louisiana/Texas state line and Shreveport because I made a lot of trips that way as a kid.  But, it might be a toss up between I-10 from the Louisiana/Texas state line to New Orleans and The Texas/New Mexico state line to Las Cruces.  I have taken several trips to Las Cruces plus the ones with points beyond.  also lots of trips to New Orleans plus points beyond. 

sbeaver44

Probably I-83 and I-695 in Maryland, and I-86 in New York near Corning.

Still many times but not as many:  I-68, I-81, and I-70 in Maryland.  I-78 in New Jersey.

DandyDan

Since I moved here to Mason City, the easy answer to this is I-35 in Minnesota up to the split in Burnsville.

When I lived in Nebraska, the easy answer was I-80 east to Des Moines.

If only states I never lived in were considered, it would have to be I-90 in Wisconsin from Tomah eastward.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Tom958

I-24 through Chattanooga. I live near Atlanta and I've worked in Nashville on three separate occasions, plus some incidental travel that way.

catch22

The short stretch of I-75 in Ohio between the Michigan state line and the I-280 split in Toledo.  It's part of almost every trip from here in the western Detroit suburbs to points south and east. 

ctkatz

easily I 71 from the spence bridge to exit 104.  we took that exit to get to grandma's house.  since then I've taken 71 to get to cleveland and upstate new york and back multiple times.

EpicRoadways

I-94 from the MN/WI state line to the WI-29/US-12 interchange in Elk Mound.

jmacswimmer

For interstate that also passes thru my state: I-95 in Delaware
For interstate that doesn't exist in my state: A few miles further to I-495 in Delaware
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

SSR_317

For me it would have to be I-17 & I-10 in Arizona. I used to visit Phoenix most every year from 1983-2004 to attend IndyCar races at what used to be known as Phoenix International Raceway (PIR).

If you include FUTURE Interstates, I would say I-11 (US 93), as I made the drive up from PHX to Las Vegas many times. Haven't been there since parts of I-515 officially became I-11, but have driven it all (except the Boulder City Bypass portion). And the last time I was in the area ten years ago I did get to drive (and walk) across the Tillman-O'Callaghan Memorial Bridge.

Sctvhound

I-95 in North Carolina. Probably have clinched that interstate 25 times minimum.

ChiMilNet

Probably because of traveling to and from college on it so much, I-70 in Missouri (and sadly, it is my understanding that it hasn't been upgraded much since then).

ET21

I-90 from IL border to Tomah WI
I-94 from Madison WI to the WI/MN border
I-94 from WI/MN border to downtown Minneapolis
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Nacho

I suppose counting I-69 north of Bloomington, Indiana would be cheating as it was just SR 37 for the vast majority of the trips I've been on it. Setting that aside it'd probably be I-65 north of Indianapolis. If we further restrict to states I've never lived in, then most likely it's I-295 north of Portland, Maine. As that was formerly designated I-95 I'm not sure whether or not it would still win out if we only count trips when it had the I-295 designation.

WillWeaverRVA

Probably all of I-270 in Maryland, and the segment of I-495 between the MD/VA state line and I-270.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

frankenroad

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 19, 2021, 02:51:47 PM
Quote from: frankenroad on May 19, 2021, 02:21:06 PM
Hard question to answer, because I have lived in multiple states.  If I exclude all interstates that enter into any of those states, the road most travelled is probably I-86 in NY/PA and I-88 in NY.

If I only exclude interstates that do not enter into my current state (Ohio) it is probably I-96 in Michigan, or I-68 in WV/MD.
What about any section of interstate outside of your state?

That would most likely be I-71/75 in Kentucky from Dixie Hwy to the Ohio River.
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

JayhawkCO

I started thinking today about which highway it would be in a state I've never lived in (I've in 5) and I think it's probably I-29 between I-35 and I-435 in Kansas City.

Chris

allniter89

BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

kennyshark64

Oh, that's easy.  I-80/90 (Indiana Toll Road) between Exit 144 (I-69) and Exit 77 (South Bend), mainly for Notre Dame football.  Even in a pandemic, the campus is great for occasional mental health trips.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.