News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Last State Route Clinched In A State

Started by JayhawkCO, June 07, 2021, 03:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

I just clinched Colorado yesterday and my final drive was CO135 from Gunnison into Crested Butte.  I was hoping there was an "End CO135" sign so I could take my picture there, but alas it was not meant to be. 

I know this topic won't apply to everyone, but if you've completely clinched a state, which was your last state route to clinch?

Chris

Max Rockatansky

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 07, 2021, 04:02:24 PM
CA 281 for California.

Did you happen to leave it for last for a reason?  Or just ended up that way?

Chris

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jayhawkco on June 07, 2021, 04:03:35 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 07, 2021, 04:02:24 PM
CA 281 for California.

Did you happen to leave it for last for a reason?  Or just ended up that way?

Chris

Not really, it's just 3 miles long and all the way out in the middle of Lake County where it isn't easy to reach. 

hbelkins

For West Virginia, my only clinched state, I'm pretty sure mine was Alt. WV 3 in Whitesville.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US 89

Quote from: jayhawkco on June 07, 2021, 03:58:45 PM
I just clinched Colorado yesterday and my final drive was CO135 from Gunnison into Crested Butte.  I was hoping there was an "End CO135" sign so I could take my picture there, but alas it was not meant to be. 

Heh, I've only clinched 10 state highways in Colorado and 135 was one of them. I remember it being rather hard to tell exactly where in Crested Butte it ended based on signage/pavement/etc. Had to look it up on CDOT's OTIS Highway Data Explorer to be sure.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: US 89 on June 07, 2021, 04:28:38 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on June 07, 2021, 03:58:45 PM

Heh, I've only clinched 10 state highways in Colorado and 135 was one of them. I remember it being rather hard to tell exactly where in Crested Butte it ended based on signage/pavement/etc. Had to look it up on CDOT's OTIS Highway Data Explorer to be sure.

When I went on "clinching trips", I left that to be my last one just since I hadn't been to Crested Butte but had visited all other ski towns.  I figured there should be some kind of ceremonial "finish line" since I had spent so many hours driving the garbage that is Eastern Colorado roads just to say I did it.  It helps that it was a "stub" so it was easier to save for last.

Chris

Big John

bassoon1986

I'll let you know in 40 years - Louisiana

iPhone

deathtopumpkins

My last route to clinch Massachusetts was MA 122 between MA 2 and MA 2A in Orange.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Jim

The best I, and I'm sure many others, can do is say that DC 295 was my first and last DC route clinched.  Even there, I'm only at 66% of all TM-mapped routes in DC.

No actual states are anywhere near completed, and finishing any state's highway systems is not an enticing travel goal for me at this time.  I wouldn't mind getting the rest of what's in DC some time, though, to have at least one TM region at 100%.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

Laura

Husband's last route to clinch Maryland was MD 12 in southeastern Worcester County, MD (which is in the SE corner of the state). Amusingly, our almost two year old daughter clinched it this past week. She has 2 counties completed out of 24 counties/cities in the state. I have not clinched MD (or any other state) yet, although I'm closest with MD. The most recent clinch for me and daughter was MD 354 (also in Worcester Co.)

oscar

In Alaska, probably the isolated Petersburg segment of AK 7, which also completed my clinch of all AK 7 segments.

Harder to figure for other states. Even the ones where I've clinched all the routes, I can only guess which one I clinched last. Closest I can come is Hawaii, where I clinched two of the state's newest routes (3000 and 3800) on the same trip, as well as re-clinching HI 200 after a few miles at its east end near Hilo was moved to a new alignment.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Mapmikey

The last state highway I got for my original Virginia clinch in 2010 was VA 352.  Some new designations have come up since then.

I believe the last state route I got for my original Delaware clinch in 2014 was DE 52.

My last Maryland state route to clinch the posted state system will be either MD 147 or MD 36 if no new routes are added in the next few months.

I too am on the DC 295 bandwagon!

Not close enough on anyone else's system to have it narrowed down...

US 89

I am not that close to clinching any states myself, although my closest by far is Utah at about 80% complete (nothing else is even much over 25%). I think the most recent Utah route I clinched for the first time was SR 23, up in Cache County.

Rothman

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on June 08, 2021, 09:35:06 AM
My last route to clinch Massachusetts was MA 122 between MA 2 and MA 2A in Orange.
How is that a clinch?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Bickendan

I picked up CA 1 Bus (Cambria) and CA 227 today.

formulanone

Quote from: Jim on June 08, 2021, 04:10:01 PM
The best I, and I'm sure many others, can do is say that DC 295 was my first and last DC route clinched.  Even there, I'm only at 66% of all TM-mapped routes in DC.

I'm curious if that's the route with the highest overall number of different "known" clinchers? (110 out of 115 drivers on TM)

Bickendan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.