AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Florida  (Read 1400578 times)

pianocello

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:25:13 PM
Re: Florida
« Reply #3775 on: March 17, 2024, 03:16:50 PM »

I'm also worried about the traffic signals on either side of the interchange, if the University Parkway DDI in Sarasota is anything to go by that creates a lot of congestion the DDI design can't fix.
I feel like the reason the Sarasota DDI doesn't function as well as intended is because there isn't any other way to get from one side of the Interstate to another. Which doesn't bode well for Sand Lake Rd either, since the nearest crossings on either side are a few miles away at Universal Blvd and Central Florida Pkwy.

It's unfortunate that a lot of traffic issues across Florida can be explained by the fact that there aren't a lot of streets that go through, but it's too late and/or costly to do anything about that.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 01:45:43 AM
« Reply #3776 on: March 17, 2024, 08:16:37 PM »

Development in Florida was ad libbed. It wasn’t carefully planned like the city and county proposing a road network to handle future growth.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NJRoadfan

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:30:29 PM
« Reply #3777 on: March 18, 2024, 09:40:48 PM »

I bet it'll be somewhat safer when the loop ramp to SB Turkey Lake Rd from WB Sand Lake opens and the final road shoulders are in place, but I'm surprised they switched it to a DDI at this point in the process.

That is one complicated looking reverse jughandle *ducks*

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 01:45:43 AM
« Reply #3778 on: March 18, 2024, 10:10:28 PM »

Right now that DDI must be clogging the current Turkey Lake Road intersection west of it.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.