Cities which need beltways that don't have them

Started by BridgesToIdealism, February 18, 2021, 01:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyPesos

Quote from: US20IL64 on September 21, 2021, 01:04:08 AM
NYC's "beltway" is their subway system and commuter trains.
Not sure about NJ transit, Metro North and LIRR, but the subway only have one non-shuttle line that doesn't enter Manhattan, and runs pretty close to the East River, which doesn't count as even part of a beltway imo.

US20IL64

Quote from: SkyPesos on September 21, 2021, 01:06:49 AM
Not sure about NJ transit, Metro North and LIRR, but the subway only have one non-shuttle line that doesn't enter Manhattan, and runs pretty close to the East River, which doesn't count as even part of a beltway imo.

Mainly jokingly meant that transit options are so many, that no need for beltway of Interstate.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: US20IL64 on September 21, 2021, 09:42:18 AM

Mainly jokingly meant that transit options are so many, that no need for beltway of Interstate.

Note that when posts on here not contain articles of speech, I read them in a Russian accent, yespyecially when kyontyent of kyomment nyet myaking sense.

I-287 is NYC's beltway.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

HighwayStar

Riding around in other people's filth is not a beltway
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

SkyPesos

Quote from: US20IL64 on September 21, 2021, 09:42:18 AM

NYC's trains are mostly radial, with most lines heading to/from Manhattan. Pretty much the opposite of a beltway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.