News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Cecil County, MD

Started by bluecountry, July 15, 2024, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluecountry

Do they get Philly sports stations or just Baltimore?
I find it interesting how this county is in the Philly Metro Area yet last I checked they don't get Philly sports.

bandit957

I thought it was in the Baltimore TV market even though it's in the government-defined Philly metro area.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Road Hog

The distances are so close that it could flip either way. Elkton (the county seat) is 57 miles from Baltimore and 51 from Philly.

bandit957

I think it is or was in the Wilmington radio market, but those are often much smaller than TV markets.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Alex

Had friends and family in Cecil County and networks from both Baltimore and Philadelphia were on cable TV. I also recall TV stations from Baltimore being harder to receive with an antenna then Philly. Though the houses where I spent time were in the Elkton area as opposed to Rising Sun or Perryville.
So one could easily follow Philly sports there.

epzik8

Quote from: Alex on July 16, 2024, 07:26:11 AMHad friends and family in Cecil County and networks from both Baltimore and Philadelphia were on cable TV. I also recall TV stations from Baltimore being harder to receive with an antenna then Philly. Though the houses where I spent time were in the Elkton area as opposed to Rising Sun or Perryville.
So one could easily follow Philly sports there.

In some ways, western Cecil is more metro Baltimore, and the true line between that and the Philly metro cuts through the middle of the county.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Road Hog

My guess is if you were in the county and had a dish like back in the old days, you were stuck with Philly. But you could get the Orioles alternate RSN channels and also could put up an aerial and get all the Charm City stations.

bluecountry

So you do get Philly sports cable stations?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.