News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New England Regional Enforcement Against Speeders

Started by SidS1045, May 06, 2015, 01:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidS1045

Using versions of the same old, tired, "speed kills" tripe, state police in the six New England states are running a speeding and seat-belt enforcement sweep on I-91 and I-95 this week, to be joined by local police on primary and secondary roads again in August.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/new-england-states-launch-regional-crackdown-on-speeding/32796046
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

The Nature Boy

There's at least one state that won't be doing a seat belt sweep ;)

My question is whether or not this will also include I-89 and I-93. If not then New Hampshire is largely left out, it only has about 20 miles of highway that it will be ramping up enforcement on.

Mergingtraffic

Quote from: SidS1045 on May 06, 2015, 01:27:46 PM
Using versions of the same old, tired, "speed kills" tripe, state police in the six New England states are running a speeding and seat-belt enforcement sweep on I-91 and I-95 this week, to be joined by local police on primary and secondary roads again in August.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/new-england-states-launch-regional-crackdown-on-speeding/32796046

To me, it's not the speeding that's the issue for the most part, it's the unsafe lane changes and aggressive drivers.  That's what causes most accidents when they cut someone off or clip another car in the process....but for some reason that's ignored up here PSA wise.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

The Nature Boy

I always hate driving in Massachusetts and Connecticut because of the general rudeness of the drivers. When I was in NH, I noticed that the Seacoast and areas south of Manchester demonstrated a lighter form of Masshole driving. It's ridiculous and why I hated to venture down to Boston.

PHLBOS

Quote from: The Nature Boy on May 06, 2015, 02:16:18 PMWhen I was in NH, I noticed that the Seacoast and areas south of Manchester demonstrated a lighter form of Masshole driving.
That's largely because southern NH now is pretty much considered to be Massachusetts Lite:sombrero:
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Brandon

Quote from: Mergingtraffic on May 06, 2015, 02:13:18 PM
Quote from: SidS1045 on May 06, 2015, 01:27:46 PM

To me, it's not the speeding that's the issue for the most part, it's the unsafe lane changes and aggressive drivers.  That's what causes most accidents when they cut someone off or clip another car in the process....but for some reason that's ignored up here PSA wise.

It doesn't bring in the revenue.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

The Nature Boy

Quote from: PHLBOS on May 06, 2015, 02:53:35 PM
Quote from: The Nature Boy on May 06, 2015, 02:16:18 PMWhen I was in NH, I noticed that the Seacoast and areas south of Manchester demonstrated a lighter form of Masshole driving.
That's largely because southern NH now is pretty much considered to be Massachusetts Lite:sombrero:

That's why when I'm in New Hampshire, you usually only find me north of the I-93/89 junction ;)

SignBridge

I drove from Long Island to Boston on May 5th and back on May 9th (big mistake on Mothers' Day weekend) using I-95, 91, 84 and 90.   I didn't see any more enforcement than normal though I did note the new vehicles being operated by Connecticut and Massachusetts State Police. Conn. staying with Ford sedans (as has long been their practice) has some new Ford Taurus patrol cars. And on the Masspike I saw new Ford Explorers, both marked and gray unmarked. What surprised me was they were sporting old-fashioned long-whip antennas for low-band radios. Ya' don't see many of those anymore.

vdeane

When I drove to the Lyndon covered bridge meet, I noticed six VMS signs on I-91 about the speed enforcement and only two cop cars.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

froggie

VSP can go either way.  There's days where I can range all the way to WRJ or Burlington and not see a cop.  There's other days where I'll see a half dozen just between Bradford and Norwich.

Crazy Volvo Guy

Quote from: The Nature Boy on May 06, 2015, 02:16:18 PM
I always hate driving in Massachusetts and Connecticut because of the general rudeness of the drivers. When I was in NH, I noticed that the Seacoast and areas south of Manchester demonstrated a lighter form of Masshole driving. It's ridiculous and why I hated to venture down to Boston.

From US-3 west to the coast and from US-4 south to the state line is New Massachusetts.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

froggie

Article in today's Caledonia Record saying that police agencies in the NEK will be joining in next week and through the Memorial Day weekend.

empirestate

Quote from: Crazy Volvo Guy on May 14, 2015, 12:53:26 PM

From US-3 west to the coast and from US-4 south to the state line is New Massachusetts.

Reviving Massachusetts Bay Colony's claim to the Pacific, are we? ;-)

iPhone

Pete from Boston

The Record (NJ) says traffic cops there are turning up the heat this month for prom season.  Make sure your fake IDs are up to date, kids.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.