News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by KEK Inc., December 26, 2011, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEK Inc.

Does anyone here play Minecraft? 

Not quite the roadgeek game, but I still specialize in transportation on the server my friends and I play on.

Take the road less traveled.

Takumi

I've always wanted to try it, but I rarely use my laptop for internet access. Most of the time I use my phone.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

lolnope.gif

I have built a few interchanges I'd like to show off. I'm building them in a game called minecraft. Currently, I have one partial-y ish interchange that needs quite some tweaking:

Actually, it needs a LOT of tweaking. And, this is the only W.I.P pic I have of it, so stay tuned while I get more.
Sir Edits-His-Posts-A-Lot

KEK Inc.

Haha nice!  I've attempted a few intersections in Minecraft with the rail system.

The server I play on has a map now, so you can see how big my highway system is.  I added two 4-way Intersections, which are practically blocky cloverleafs. 

http://lithoscraft.com:8123/?worldname=world&mapname=surface&zoom=3&x=-56.27178843274917&y=64&z=-23.74487649816798

KEK Inc.

Thought I'd bump this and post some of the more road-related stuff I've done on my server.

I actually have enough highways to justify a numbering system akin to how US highways are numbered.  (Auxiliary Routes follow Interstate numbering protocol.)  The letters before the numbers indicate the continent it's on.  So, [A55] is on the Spawn Continent (Continent A), while [G30] is in another continent.  The numbering system obviously resets, and there's a link highway or ferry.

Alex

When you first posted images on this, I had never played. My son convinced me to download the XBOX360 version last summer and we started playing it together and I quickly got hooked. I added a "cable-stayed" bridge on my first map and had elevated rail in many places. Played some of it last night, though my creations in recent months have gave way to building skyscrapers and recreating the Dungeon! (1989 version) board game map in creative mode.

The game is far too addicting, though I have been able to stay away from the PC version (I spend enough time in front of this thing as it is). Really cool road-related creations btw!

Marc

Here's a video of one of my freeways in my Minecraft world.

Took me about a month to complete if I remember correctly.

Molandfreak

Quote from: Marc on January 26, 2013, 10:37:20 PM
Here's a video of one of my freeways in my Minecraft world.

Took me about a month to complete if I remember correctly.

That took some commitment! :nod: :clap:
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

US 41

Wow that must have taken a long time to build all that. I heard there is a car mod you can get, but I don't know how to get it.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Roadsguy

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

KEK Inc.

I added a trumpet interchange.  [A40] at its eastern terminus with [A35]. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.