News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Former US 69 WYE / SH 299 WYE Designations (Armstrong, Bryan Co)

Started by Brian556, June 10, 2018, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This is strange. The old Bryan County General Highway Maps show Ury Dr being designated as US 69 WYE/ SH 299 WYE. The first map this appears on is 1950, revised 1957. Strangely, this map shows it still being SH 299 wye even though its parent highway was no longer SH 299. The 1962, revised 1968 map shows it to be US 69 WYE/ SH 78 WYE. The 1970, revised 1972 map is the last one that I found this on. By the 1977, revised 1983 map, it was gone, and the current alignment of US 69/75 had been constructed up to URY Dr.

Does anybody know of any other examples of this, or pictures of signage?

Link to Maps:https://dc.library.okstate.edu/digital/collection/OKMaps/search/searchterm/bryan%20county/page/1

bugo

I've never noticed that on the map and I've never heard of it before. Interestingly, in the map that was revised in 1968 shows US 69 "Wye" and OK 78 "Wye" as a dirt road. It's probably similar to Arkansas' xxY designations. They're basically short spurs.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.