News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Routing I-69 along I-40 to save money and speed up completion

Started by I-39, February 23, 2015, 11:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Quote from: adamlanfort on February 23, 2015, 11:41:42 PM
Why not build I-69 up to I-40 in Texas, route it along I-40 over to Memphis and then continue it along the rest of the proposed alignment in Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana?

Would I-69 replace I-27?

english si

Quote from: bjrush on March 01, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
Well I don't give a damn about university towns in Indiana
So you don't want to take the shortest corridor between Evansville and Indianapolis, which passes through the 7th largest city in the state, rather than the 12th? OK then...

bjrush

Really I don't give a damn about Hoosiers at all, especially since this is the Mid-South forum
Woo Pig Sooie

bugo

Quote from: bjrush on March 01, 2015, 03:27:56 PM
Really I don't give a damn about Hoosiers at all, especially since this is the Mid-South forum

Racist.

Scott5114

Quote from: bugo on March 01, 2015, 04:22:59 PM

Racist.

Technically Hoosier isn't a race since you can choose not to live in Indiana but hey sure
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadman65

Back on subject, I think NE 2's idea of doubling it with I-30 from Texarkana to Little Rock and up US 67 and either entering Kentucky from the west or Tennessee (as I cannot remember his exact idea) avoiding Memphis all together is best, as LA, AR, and MS along with TN are totally a waste and somewhat redundant.

Also why in the hell does spell check not consider Texarkana to be spelled correctly?  It has been a proper city for years before the program was ever invented, so there is no excuse considering that some politicians get their name in the data base right after getting elected.  This is so annoying.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bugo

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 03, 2015, 01:33:09 AM
Quote from: bugo on March 01, 2015, 04:22:59 PM

Racist.

Technically Hoosier isn't a race since you can choose not to live in Indiana but hey sure

Technically I was being sarcastic.

bjrush

Sectionalist, maybe
Woo Pig Sooie

NE2

Quote from: roadman65 on March 03, 2015, 04:17:22 AM
Also why in the hell does spell check not consider Texarkana to be spelled correctly?  It has been a proper city for years before the program was ever invented, so there is no excuse considering that some politicians get their name in the data base right after getting elected.  This is so annoying.
Thanks, Obama!
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US71

Quote from: tdindy88 on March 01, 2015, 01:37:55 AM

That said, I'm all for routing I-69 down toward I-155 and onto I-55 to West Memphis and then taking I-40 across Arkansas to Texarkana and then either following I-49 south to Shreveport to continue on the currently planned I-69, or using I-369 into Texas and continuing to the currently planned I-69 in that state. Connecting the largest city and state capital in Indiana with the third largest city in the state along with one of the two major universities in Indiana seems more worthy to me than what's being planned in Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana, but that's just me.

And what happens to the 269 loop at Memphis? Leave it as TN 385?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

silverback1065

Quote from: bjrush on March 01, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
Well I don't give a damn about university towns in Indiana

Connecting the largest and 3rd largest cities sounds like something that state should've done decades ago on their own

69 has been on the books to be completed since the 60s or 70s i believe. 

Henry

Quote from: Perfxion on February 28, 2015, 09:17:20 PM
RGV to Texarkana via Houston somewhat makes sense for a interstate highway. So a I-41/43 number could work. The major problem is I-69 has no business in Texas. Its like Congress blended two or three road projects into one road and shoved it down the throats of states that don't have a need or use for it. How many more Mississippi River Crossings will be needed? How many driveways in the middle of nowhere texas are needed to cut out for a interstate of a road already at highway speed?
Talk about getting totally screwed if the middle part does not get done! Surely there is a plan for putting that in eventually...
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

NE2

Quote from: silverback1065 on March 03, 2015, 11:39:43 AM
69 has been on the books to be completed since the 60s or 70s i believe. 
1991 (not designated I-69 until 1998).

Quote from: Henry on March 03, 2015, 12:18:17 PM
RGV to Texarkana via Houston somewhat makes sense for a interstate highway. So a I-41/43 number could work. The major problem is I-69 has no business in Texas. Its like Congress blended two or three road projects into one road and shoved it down the throats of states that don't have a need or use for it. How many more Mississippi River Crossings will be needed? How many driveways in the middle of nowhere texas are needed to cut out for a interstate of a road already at highway speed?
Talk about getting totally screwed if the middle part does not get done! Surely there is a plan for putting that in eventually...
Taking I-40 to I-30 is totally screwed, yep.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

codyg1985

Quote from: US71 on March 03, 2015, 10:39:07 AM
Quote from: tdindy88 on March 01, 2015, 01:37:55 AM

That said, I'm all for routing I-69 down toward I-155 and onto I-55 to West Memphis and then taking I-40 across Arkansas to Texarkana and then either following I-49 south to Shreveport to continue on the currently planned I-69, or using I-369 into Texas and continuing to the currently planned I-69 in that state. Connecting the largest city and state capital in Indiana with the third largest city in the state along with one of the two major universities in Indiana seems more worthy to me than what's being planned in Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana, but that's just me.

And what happens to the 269 loop at Memphis? Leave it as TN 385?

Resurrect I-255 between I-55 in Hernando and I-40 in Arlington and leave the remainders TN 285 and MS 304? Or call it I-222?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

bjrush

Quote from: Henry on March 03, 2015, 12:18:17 PM

The new section isn't really any shorter and it will cost billions. I think the state has larger issues than a route with no real benefit
Woo Pig Sooie

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.