News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Changing attitudes towards expelled students

Started by bandit957, January 30, 2019, 11:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

I am sticking with "hippie," as in:

What is orange and looks good on a hippie?

Fire.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Beltway

Are you saying that some people want to set hippies on fire?
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 07, 2019, 07:53:40 AM
What's the problem about calling them "marijuana users"?

Possibly that "user" has a negative connotation.  Think about the difference between asking someone if they "enjoy alcoholic beverages," "drink alcohol," or "use alcohol."
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on February 07, 2019, 12:01:33 PM

Possibly that "user" has a negative connotation.  Think about the difference between asking someone if they "enjoy alcoholic beverages," "drink alcohol," or "use alcohol."
I use "people who smoke marijuana"
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: Beltway on February 07, 2019, 08:36:32 AM
Quote from: bugo on February 06, 2019, 10:32:38 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 03, 2019, 08:09:04 PM
I'm sure the potheads here can figure this one out pretty quickly.
I prefer the word "patient" over the slightly offensive "pothead". There are medical marijuana users and there are stoners. Just because a person uses cannabis that doesn't make them "potheads" or "stoners". They are using safe, effective medicine that is non-toxic and all natural. I still don't understand why you have such an irrational hatred of cannabis. Do you not care about sick patients who are not responding to any medication other than cannabis? Republicans are starting to jump on the legalization bandwagon. Perhaps you watched "Reefer Madness" and took it seriously.

Some people think that "pot" and "reefer" are pejorative terms.  I think that they are appropriate, that while there may be some rare medicinal usages of pot, that most people who like to take pot do it only for the sake of "getting high", so it is fair to call them "potheads" and "stoners".

Rare?

To apply for an OMMA card, you have to get approval from a licensed physician. Unless you think Oklahoma's doctors are willing to risk their medical license (and thus their career) 20,000 times just to hook some folks up with some weed, man, that's hardly rare.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Beltway

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 07, 2019, 10:37:47 PM
Quote from: Beltway on February 07, 2019, 08:36:32 AM
Some people think that "pot" and "reefer" are pejorative terms.  I think that they are appropriate, that while there may be some rare medicinal usages of pot, that most people who like to take pot do it only for the sake of "getting high", so it is fair to call them "potheads" and "stoners".
Rare?

Rare.  Oklahoma has 4 million population.

To apply for an OMMA card, you have to get approval from a licensed physician. Unless you think Oklahoma's doctors are willing to risk their medical license (and thus their career) 20,000 times just to hook some folks up with some weed, man, that's hardly rare.

(Robert Coté, 2002)

Scott5114

0.5% of the population does not meet my standards for "rare".

Beltway

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 07, 2019, 11:33:04 PM
0.5% of the population does not meet my standards for "rare".

I would say that it does.

(Robert Coté, 2002)

Scott5114

Who are you to say what meets my standards for rare?

That's still 1 in 200. That means that at least one customer I talk to at work each day is statistically likely to have an OMMA card. Not rare.

This is with OMMA only having existed for six months, too. The number of cards issued will only go up.

Beltway

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 07, 2019, 11:35:27 PM
That's still 1 in 200. That means that at least one customer I talk to at work each day is statistically likely to have an OMMA card. Not rare.
This is with OMMA only having existed for six months, too. The number of cards issued will only go up.

1 in 200 is pretty rare.  Certainly not "common" or ever "occasional".

(Robert Coté, 2002)

Scott5114

Quote from: Beltway on February 08, 2019, 01:05:14 AM

It is roughly the same odds as rolling doubles three times in a row on a pair of six-sided dice (1/63 = 1/216). Which is what sends you jail in Monopoly. Going to jail in Monopoly is definitely not rare.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 08, 2019, 04:31:17 AM

It is roughly the same odds as rolling doubles three times in a row on a pair of six-sided dice (1/63 = 1/216). Which is what sends you jail in Monopoly. Going to jail in Monopoly is definitely not rare.
But you go to jail in several other more common ways.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 08, 2019, 08:50:08 AM

Like the little known rule that too much shitposting online earns you jail time. :)

kevinb1994

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on February 08, 2019, 10:16:28 AM

Like the little known rule that too much shitposting online earns you jail time. :)

LOL

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on February 08, 2019, 10:16:28 AM

Welp that's it farewell my friends.

hbelkins

Given the number of doctors who risk their licenses to overprescribe prescription painkillers, you might be surprised.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 07, 2019, 05:58:41 PM
I use people who smoke marijuana

Sweet dreams are made of these.

Then HIV is a rare disease (roughly 1 in 300 in the USA).
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

bugo

As of May 1, the OMMA has received 112,811 applications for patient licenses and has approved 104,548 of them. The number is expected to keep rising. Is that still "rare" in your eyes?

bugo

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 03, 2019, 03:18:42 AM
24. Bartholomew purchased one kilogram of marijuana for $25.

Most locally grown cannabis in Oklahoma is sold by the pound, not the kilogram. Small amounts of flower sold in dispensaries is usually sold by the 1/8 of an ounce, although smaller amounts is sold by the gram.

bugo

Quote from: bugo on May 05, 2019, 03:23:25 PM
As of May 1, the OMMA has received 112,811 applications for patient licenses and has approved 104,548 of them. The number is expected to keep rising. Is that still "rare" in your eyes?

As of one year later, there are over 300,000 cannabis patients in Oklahoma. That's a lot of demons.

renegade

Quote from: bandit957 on February 06, 2019, 10:00:38 AM
He bragged on Facebook that he bullied me 30 years ago because I didn't have as much money as him, and then he whined that I "tried to bully" him in return. Then he boasted that he punched me in the face.

His pals were also the ones who recently started a Facebook group that encouraged motorists to run bicyclists off the road. After this group was founded, somebody apparently acted upon it and ran cars off the road. But I think this group is gone already. From what I hear, the police began an investigation of the vehicular assaults, but they received pressure from local political figures (one of whom lost in November) to drop the investigation.
I think I may have isolated the problem here ...
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: renegade on May 25, 2020, 11:03:31 AM
He bragged on Facebook that he bullied me 30 years ago because I didn't have as much money as him, and then he whined that I "tried to bully" him in return. Then he boasted that he punched me in the face.

His pals were also the ones who recently started a Facebook group that encouraged motorists to run bicyclists off the road. After this group was founded, somebody apparently acted upon it and ran cars off the road. But I think this group is gone already. From what I hear, the police began an investigation of the vehicular assaults, but they received pressure from local political figures (one of whom lost in November) to drop the investigation.
Facebook kinda stinks, especially if you friend the wrong people.

ozarkman417

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 25, 2020, 11:11:37 AM

All the druggies at my school are the only ones who legitimately use FB.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: ozarkman417 on May 25, 2020, 02:56:38 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 25, 2020, 11:11:37 AM

All the druggies at my school are the only ones who legitimately use FB.
Nobody at my school really uses facebook a lot, it's all instagram or snapchat.

RobbieL2415

Expulsions are tedious.

The law generally requires that there be a hearing to make a ruling for or against expulsion.  Parties are allowed legal counsel and the rules of evidence for criminal proceedings are in effect.  The expelled has the right to an appeals process through the courts.

If a pupil is expelled, the school district must make arrangements for alternative education.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.