Total Members Voted: 1

Max Rockatansky

Halian

HalDOT, featuring my Hoennverse and Safir Alliance worldbuilding projects

Halian

JoePCool14

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 03, 2022, 02:34:30 PM
Now that the fell beast MMM has largely been muzzled is there is a need to resurrect the grand legacy of the Alan?

Did I miss something? Did MMM get banned?

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 03, 2022, 08:34:12 PM
Now that the fell beast MMM has largely been muzzled is there is a need to resurrect the grand legacy of the Alan?

No, the threads he hijacked were nuked from orbit and locked.  The effect seems to have slowed his zest for ruination of the forum for the time being.

LilianaUwU

Alanland should both be locked and unlocked.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

jeffandnicole

The voting is so close because it's impossible for goats to press the little radio button to vote. Instead they just wind up eating their computing device.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 03, 2022, 10:52:02 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 03, 2022, 08:45:13 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 03, 2022, 08:34:12 PM

No, the threads he hijacked were nuked from orbit and locked.  The effect seems to have slowed his zest for ruination of the forum for the time being.

No, I just started running out of new ideas. I wasn't gonna start spamming just to get to 1000 posts. Posting my plans visually really helped to condense my ideas into concise posts. My MMM thread is still going strong, and I did vote to unlock here if you're interested.

Managing to be responsible for four locked threads on the Fictional Board is quite the feet.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 03, 2022, 10:58:37 PM
Actually it was the people deliberately trolling with politics that got my Penn Turnpike thread locked...

No it wasn't.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Alps on December 04, 2022, 12:03:58 AM
should this thread be locked

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure...

JoePCool14

We're gonna need another thread to discuss that.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

MultiMillionMiler

Maybe I could be promoted to a moderator and help decide these things? I think I could be a very fair and impartial judge on which threads need locking or not?

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 03, 2022, 03:27:45 AM
I actually haven't read most of that thread either.

And that's part of the problem.

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 03, 2022, 02:28:10 PM
Maybe I should just run for the Alanland Senate instead.

That's not a thing.  Which you would have known...

Quote from: kphoger on October 28, 2022, 07:32:44 PM
Sarcasm is really difficult to detect in print format...

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 05, 2022, 12:38:15 PM
Maybe I could be promoted to a moderator and help decide these things? I think I could be a very fair and impartial judge on which threads need locking or not?

I retract my previous statement.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Ummm...can we have those nukes now please?

Halian

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 05, 2022, 12:38:15 PMMaybe I could be promoted to a moderator and help decide these things? I think I could be a very fair and impartial judge on which threads need locking or not?
lol. lmao

jmacswimmer

This should be pinned at the top of the "Favorite Forum Quotes" thread.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 05, 2022, 01:47:13 PM
No

Locking threads doesn't seem to solve anything in general on any forum because all it leads to is people creating more threads to talk about the locked ones and users involved, usually even more aggressively/at a higher frequency than the original problem thread. Same with blocking, all that does is lead to dozens of users creating "oh my God I'm so sorry please unblock me" threads, and then searching out for the posts of people who blocked you just so you can reply to something unrelated to the person who blocked you somewhere else. Then, in some forums, you have threads with voting polls to see if another thread should be locked/unlocked..I'm not supporting or complaining I'm just pointing out the fractal property of the internet.

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 05, 2022, 01:54:44 PM
Locking threads doesn't seem to solve anything in general ...

It has had good effects on this forum for years.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hotdogPi

I am generally against locking threads by non-troll users, other than technical locks from moving a thread from one board to another. "Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com" being one major offender, which is why the "aaroads.com in 1964/2014" threads and the "changing one letter of a thread title" exist to replace them.

If a thread goes off the rails, delete the last few pages and continue where you left off, unless the derailment is off-topic but not rule-breaking and it's a thread that can't be permanently derailed (e.g. generic state threads, de facto userspace threads), in which case leave it there and someone will post the next on topic post when the time comes.

Worst of road signs should also not have been locked; my decision would have been to rename to "Bad road signs" and for the new-at-the-time worst of the worst thread to house the truly bad ones.

The two where locking was the correct decision were Alanland and the really long DST thread in whichever year it was.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 05, 2022, 02:28:25 PM
That's what happened to the Penn Turnpike thread, last few pages were deleted, but it was also locked. And I didn't even take part in the Canadian Politics Discussion that ran off the rails for 2 pages later.

My decision would have been to delete the posts that were deleted and to keep the thread open from where it left off.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: 1 on December 05, 2022, 02:25:54 PM
I am generally against locking threads by non-troll users, other than technical locks from moving a thread from one board to another. "Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com" being one major offender, which is why the "aaroads.com in 1964/2014" threads and the "changing one letter of a thread title" exist to replace them. If a thread goes off the rails, delete the last few pages and continue where you left off. Worst of road signs should also not have been locked; my decision would have been to rename to "Bad road signs" and for the new-at-the-time worst of the worst thread to house the truly bad ones.

The two where locking was the correct decision were Alanland and the really long DST thread in whichever year it was.

That's what happened to the Penn Turnpike thread, last few pages were deleted, but it was also locked. And I didn't even take part in the Canadian Politics Discussion that ran off the rails for 2 pages later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.