News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New OK designations: SH-351 and SH-364

Started by Scott5114, March 06, 2014, 11:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: bugo on September 16, 2014, 08:44:24 PM
Stephanie: Look at the pictures.

I saw it. I can't wait to see more photos. :)

Now, I could almost go into fictionnal highways territory, but I could imagine the Norman spur being OK-344 and Kilpatrick as OK-340. ;)

Scott5114

The Norman spur could simply be an OK-4 extension.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

robbones

Quote from: US71 on September 16, 2014, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: Stephane Dumas on September 16, 2014, 07:19:07 PM
I guess the OK-351 signs are now posted as well?

I've not had time to look.

They are up. I went through there a couple weeks ago.

bugo

I got to noticing and by looking at the backs of the signs, instead of the OTA removing the Creek Turnpike shields and replacing them with OK 364 shields, they just put the OK 364 shields on top of the Creek Turnpike shields, leaving the old shields behind but hidden. I wonder if this whole OK 351/364 bullshit is an experiment and they left the old signs up in case it fails?

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: bugo on January 26, 2015, 09:42:52 PM
I got to noticing and by looking at the backs of the signs, instead of the OTA removing the Creek Turnpike shields and replacing them with OK 364 shields, they just put the OK 364 shields on top of the Creek Turnpike shields, leaving the old shields behind but hidden. I wonder if this whole OK 351/364 bullshit is an experiment and they left the old signs up in case it fails?

When ODOT finally replaced the circle signs for OK 9 at 271 at Pocola, they simply covered the old signs with the "meat cleavers", so you see parts of the old signs showing through.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

Quote from: US71 on January 27, 2015, 01:05:27 PM
Quote from: bugo on January 26, 2015, 09:42:52 PM

When ODOT finally replaced the circle signs for OK 9 at 271 at Pocola, they simply covered the old signs with the "meat cleavers", so you see parts of the old signs showing through.

That's on a green guide sign. The markers I'm referring to are standalone JCT OK 364 signs and the signs with the arrows.

bugo

There's a NORTH OK 165/WEST OK 351 assembly where the turnpike ends on the south side of Muskogee going westbound close to the 165 merge.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.