News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New OK designations: SH-351 and SH-364

Started by Scott5114, March 06, 2014, 11:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

This hasn't yet been approved, but is in the meeting agenda for the highway commission meeting on Monday, March 10 (thanks to okroads for the tip-off via Facebook). SH-351 will be designated along the Muskogee Turnpike (including an overlap with SH-165), and SH-364 along the Creek Turnpike.

I am not sure if these are intended as inventory designations or if they will be actually signed, but I would imagine they are meant to be signed, since there would be little need for them as inventory designations, since they are maintained separately from the other state highways.

It will be interesting to see if these are followed up with other 3xx designations for the other turnpikes. These seem to be prefixing 3 onto the number of one of the highways the turnpikes intersect. Some sensible and as of yet fictitious designations for the other turnpikes that fit the pattern would be: SH-374 for the Kilpatrick, SH-376 for the H.E. Bailey Spur, SH-343 for the Indian Nation, SH-301 for the Chickasaw (which would hopefully continue west over SH-7 Spur). SH-325 would become a bit of an oddity in this scenario.

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

NE2

I heard that they're going to build a new interchange at SH 351 and SH 16 and designate a new SH 351A from that interchange to Okay.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

I thought it was odd that they were giving numbers to the Creek and Muskogee and not turnpikes like the Indian Nation and the Kilpatrick.

Scott5114

Same here. Maybe we can look forward to that in April. (Perhaps OTA doesn't wish to overburden itself with the changes).

US71

Any word on Indian Nation? Maybe an OK x75?
I can't see 351 overlapping 165: that's just plain silly IMO

MB886

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

Quote from: US71 on March 07, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

It wouldn't be silly for 351 to be discontinuous?

NE2

Get rid of the part of 165 on the overlap, duh.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Scott5114

Quote from: US71 on March 07, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

But that's how it's defined:

QuoteAdd SH-351 designation on the North portion of Muskogee Turnpike, between SH 51 in Broken Arrow and SH-165 at the Port of Muskogee exit of Harris Road, and on SH-165, between the North portion of Muskogee Turnpike at the Port of Muskogee exit of Harris Road and the South portion of Muskogee Turnpike in Muskogee and on the South portion of Muskogee Turnpike between the SH-165 in Muskogee and I-40 in Muskogee County.

bugo

Any word on whether the new numbers were accepted?  There is no OK 364 signage along the Creek Turnpike as of 4 hours ago.

Scott5114

ODOT has not yet posted the meeting minutes to their site.

Even if it were approved Monday, it is somewhat unrealistic to think signage should be posted by now. I imagine a work order would have to be written and signs fabricated, which could take a couple of months, perhaps longer if ODOT/OTA contracts the signage out. I-49 in Missouri wasn't signed until six months after being approved by AASHTO, and that was an important project involving long term planning by the DOT and congressional involvement. I would imagine something like SH-364 could potentially take that long, if not longer, due to a lower level of emphasis by the powers that be.

Scott5114

rte66man

When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

As of April 12 there are no OK 364 signs from 31st Street to US 412. 

Scott5114

Didn't you say you saw at least one 351 or 364 somewhere? If so, do you think you could get a picture?

bugo

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 14, 2014, 02:55:22 AM
Didn't you say you saw at least one 351 or 364 somewhere? If so, do you think you could get a picture?

You were acting like a jackass in the chat that night so I decided to troll you.  There are no OK 364 signs at the east end of the turnpike.  I'll get a picture as soon as they go up.

Scott5114

I apologize for not recognizing it as such. It wasn't up to your usual standard...

bugo

Has anybody heard anything new?  The Creek is still unsigned at its eastern end.

Scott5114

Haven't been up to Tulsa in almost a year. I've been keeping an eye on the agendas though, and so far no other designations have come through.

Arkansastravelguy

I drove the Creek 2 weeks ago and it is not signed . What is my toll money paying for?

iPhone

route56

Quote from: Arkansastravelguy on May 24, 2014, 10:03:23 PM
I drove the Creek 2 weeks ago and it is not signed . What is my toll money paying for?

Any Chance you got a new shot of that hideous signage at 169?
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

bugo

I was on the Creek about 4 hours ago and still no signs.  I expect this to either be an unsigned highway or for the signs to be posted when they are replaced.

Arkansastravelguy

Unfortunately not, by the time I got there it was raining and dusk, a pair my camera doesn't like. I'm looking forward to getting a better camera this year for my roadgeek adventures

iPhone

bugo

The signage on I-244 is worse than the signage at Creek/64/169/Memorial.

Scott5114

Jeremy: Maybe we should make a Google map with pins showing off the location of Oklahoma signage atrocities. People visiting the state could go on a crappy signage tour.

route56

I asked about the signage on the Creek at 169 because my photo of said signage was accidentally destroyed.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.