Interesting new reply date sorting…

Started by vtk, May 07, 2016, 02:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtk

Apparently, when replying to a post in a thread, the datetime of the reply is now the datetime the reply form was requested, not the datetime the reply form was submitted.  This means a reply that is started earlier, but takes longer to be written, will be inserted into the thread before a reply that is started later but composed quickly.

And the "new replies since you started typing" message seems to be gone.

On the other hand, I realized I hadn't yet unblocked Javascript from aaroads.com just after making that observation, so I'm not sure if this is a new [since December or so] behavior, or if it's just something that happens when Javascript is disabled.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

freebrickproductions

I'm testing something here. This reply was written at 12:27 PM CDT and posted at 12:28 PM CDT. Stay tuned for another post.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

freebrickproductions

Well, I started writing this post at 12:26 PM CDT, and I'm posting it at 12:30 PM CDT. Let's see how it turns out... :hmmm:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

freebrickproductions

Okay, as seen above, the posts line up with when they were posted on my end, so I think it's just a weird glitch on your end.

(They/Them)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: freebrickproductions on May 09, 2016, 01:31:01 PM
Okay, as seen above, the posts line up with when they were posted on my end, so I think it's just a weird glitch on your end.

This.  There have been no changes in the backend of the code for the forum software.

vtk

I am fairly sure now that it's a matter of my having JavaScript turned off, so when I hit the Reply/Quote button, it requested a whole new page for typing the reply. Normally, with JavaScript turned on, replying doesn't involve loading a whole new page just for composing the reply.

Or it might be because I used the Preview button.  Maybe the date associated with the post was the datetime of the first use of the Preview button, rather than the datetime of the reply form page request?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.