News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Changing one letter of a thread title

Started by hotdogPi, January 31, 2021, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

interstatefan990

What is the worst kind of FOLD?? - a discussion about paper airplanes
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

Scott5114

Quote from: interstatefan990 on April 10, 2022, 04:17:19 PM

Could also be about paper maps.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

MATraveler128

Cat bridge, a discussion about catwalks.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

interstatefan990

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 10, 2022, 05:19:05 PM
Quote from: interstatefan990 on April 10, 2022, 04:17:19 PM

Could also be about paper maps.

Or laundry.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

kphoger

A couple of "dive" ones...

AARoads Forum > User Content > Road Trips > The best dives no one knows aboutbars and burger joints

AARoads Forum > National Boards > General Highway Talk > High Altitude Diving?JayhawkCO hold's the #1 spot, from a hotel pool in Bhutan
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on April 18, 2022, 11:24:18 AM
A couple of "dive" ones...

AARoads Forum > User Content > Road Trips > The best dives no one knows aboutbars and burger joints

AARoads Forum > National Boards > General Highway Talk > High Altitude Diving?JayhawkCO hold's the #1 spot, from a hotel pool in Bhutan

That sounds dangerous. And not sure how many hotel pools exist in Bhutan. :)

formulanone

I jumped from my roof to the pool once, which was about 9-10 feet. But I've also dived from a legitimate 3-meter diving platform, so it's a wash.

I was much more scared of a 12-foot-deep pool, to be honest.

kphoger

Yeah, I figured "High Altitude Diving" would make people think about distance from platform to water.  I was intending it to mean elevation above sea level.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 18, 2022, 02:42:15 PM
Yeah, I figured "High Altitude Diving" would make people think about distance from platform to water.  I was intending it to mean elevation above sea level.

I got what you were saying, but only based on the Bhutan part of your comment.  :sombrero:

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on April 18, 2022, 02:42:15 PM

Don't Make People Think

wxfree

Quote from: formulanone on April 18, 2022, 02:06:33 PM
I jumped from my roof to the pool once, which was about 9-10 feet. But I've also dived from a legitimate 3-meter diving platform, so it's a wash.

I was much more scared of a 12-foot-deep pool, to be honest.

I remember seeing someone dive from a 200 foot high board into a glass of water.  I think that might have been a cartoon.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

kphoger

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Closest country to you that you have never been to?Most people's answer is either Canada or Mexico
Male pronouns, please.

Evan_Th

Quote from: kphoger on April 20, 2022, 02:41:16 PM
AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Travel > Closest country to you that you have never been to?Most people's answer is either Canada or Mexico

And some that say the Bahamas or Cuba.

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

GaryV

"Will Walmart ever bail?" - what the investors will do shortly before it fails
"Will Walmart ever fall?" - after everyone bails and there's no maintenance funds, the roof might fall in
"Will Walmart ever sail?" - naah

SkyPesos

_________ is/are overhated: thread about stuff people like to hate on that you have little to no issues on.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: GaryV on April 28, 2022, 03:18:55 PM
"Will Walmart ever bail?" - what the investors will do shortly before it fails
"Will Walmart ever fall?" - after everyone bails and there's no maintenance funds, the roof might fall in
"Will Walmart ever sail?" - naah

If Pepsi can have their own Navy then Walmart is certainly capable of taking to the high seas.

kphoger

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 29, 2022, 01:00:32 PM
_________ is/are overhated: thread about stuff people like to hate on that you have little to no issues on.

That pretty much exists.
Male pronouns, please.

CoreySamson

"Phases that are not needed"
Either a thread denouncing the flashing yellow phase on HAWKs, or a thread where people are ranting about their teenage children's attitudes.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

"Buc-ees outside of Taxes.", swapping two letters to make a thread about a massive tax-avoidance scheme perpetrated by The Beaver
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

WillWeaverRVA

Ever been involved in a bar accident?
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on May 17, 2022, 10:22:58 AM
Ever been involved in a bar accident?

Yes, a certain girl I dated over a decade ago had a great many of them.

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 17, 2022, 12:52:16 AM
swapping two letters

I didn't think that was allowed.  I've had plenty of ideas like that in the past, but I didn't post them because I figured it would count as changing two letters.
Male pronouns, please.

Takumi

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 17, 2022, 12:52:16 AM
"Buc-ees outside of Taxes.", swapping two letters to make a thread about a massive tax-avoidance scheme perpetrated by The Beaver
Now I'm imagining Buc-ee's doing the Phar-Mor thing to explain their sudden expansive growth. (We'll know something's up if they bring back the phrase "power buying" .)
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.