News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Culver’s is Coming Soon to our Area!

Started by kevinb1994, March 02, 2019, 04:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

https://www.culvers.com/restaurants/middleburg-fl-blanding-blvd

I can't wait to fight cross-river and cross-town traffic lol. It's on the other side of the river from us.

TheHighwayMan3561

I like Culver's like anyone else, but their rapid expansion into Anywhere USA has made them just another chain in terms of what I seek out on the road.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

txstateends

There's a few around north TX, but none right by me.  I haven't had a chance to try them yet.  An online FB friend from WI says he's been to Culver's up there and loves them.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

ce929wax

There is one just down the street from where I live.  I honestly think it's overpriced for what you get, although it is unique that I can get a fried shrimp dinner at a burger place and said fried shrimp dinner is actually delicious.

hbelkins

Culver's is better than Five Guys, in my opinion, and cheaper too. I'm a big fan. They aren't everywhere like McDonald's, or even as saturated as Burger King, in this area.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

tchafe1978

Culver's is the bomb. Not only are their burgers great, but so are their chicken tenders and fish dinners and sandwiches. you get an actual whole piece of chicken or fish, not minced and pressed nuggets. And their cheese curds too.

csw

nexus73

It will be a l....o....n....g time before a Culver's ever shows up in Oregon unfortunately. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

cjk374

Quote from: nexus73 on March 02, 2019, 06:22:17 PM
It will be a l....o....n....g time before a Culver's ever shows up in Oregon unfortunately. 

Rick

Same down here too. Oh well...gives me something to look forward to when I hit the road and travel to places with a Culver's. Apparently they are a good place to go.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

MNHighwayMan

Culver's is most excellent. Yeah, it's more expensive (definitely not what I'd call overpriced, though!) than BK or McD's or Wendy's, but the food is so much better that it's worth it.

Scott5114

Every time I've eaten at Culver's, I found it strikingly similar to Braum's. Braum's is cheaper and you can pick up some groceries on the way out the door. No wonder there's no Culver's in Oklahoma.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

DandyDan

Quote from: tchafe1978 on March 02, 2019, 05:58:45 PM
Culver's is the bomb. Not only are their burgers great, but so are their chicken tenders and fish dinners and sandwiches. you get an actual whole piece of chicken or fish, not minced and pressed nuggets. And their cheese curds too.
I always ask to switch to cheese curds for whatever combo I decide to get that day. And I always have to finish with a concrete mixer, which has been mint M&M lately.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Buck87

There's one under construction in Sandusky, Ohio as well, and I'm looking forward to it opening this spring.

Agree above on the quality of their fish and chicken. I also love their root beer.

nexus73

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 03, 2019, 04:00:37 AM
Every time I've eaten at Culver's, I found it strikingly similar to Braum's. Braum's is cheaper and you can pick up some groceries on the way out the door. No wonder there's no Culver's in Oklahoma.

Braum's was a regional chain encountered by a friend and me during the 2017 trip to Memphis TN.  We enjoyed their milkshakes but never did have a burger.  After what you posted, now I wish we had tried some of their food!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

jp the roadgeek

Rick

Not as long as they'll take to reach New England.  They've already reached Idaho; there's nothing east of Ohio or north of the Carolinas.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

nexus73

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on March 03, 2019, 11:30:57 AM

Rick

Not as long as they'll take to reach New England.  They've already reached Idaho; there's nothing east of Ohio or north of the Carolinas.

Oregon is surrounded by states with The Habit burger chain.  More are coming to eastern Washington and Idaho.  We just keep getting ignored!  Maybe our food is too good for our own good...LOL!

Rick

TheHighwayMan3561

I'm kind of bitter about Culver's becoming national. It was the one chain that was "ours" , and now everybody has it or will have it coming. The Midwest literally has nothing uniquely available like every other region has.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 03, 2019, 02:50:56 PM
I'm kind of bitter about Culver's becoming national. It was the one chain that was "ours" , and now everybody has it or will have it coming. The Midwest literally has nothing uniquely available like every other region has.

White Castle, kinda.

nexus73

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on March 03, 2019, 03:20:34 PM
I’m kind of bitter about Culver’s becoming national. It was the one chain that was “ours”, and now everybody has it or will have it coming. The Midwest literally has nothing uniquely available like every other region has.

White Castle, kinda.

At least there was a movie made that featured White Castle.  There are none for In-N-Out Burger!

Rick

hbelkins

Quote from: nexus73 on March 03, 2019, 06:06:17 PM
At least there was a movie made that featured White Castle.  There are none for In-N-Out Burger!

Rick

The bloom is off the rose for In-N-Out for me. Looking at their menu, I get the impression that the only thing you can get on their burger is a 1,000 Island dressing-based sauce, and that's a big NO in my book. A 4x4 with ketchup and mustard would be acceptable. 1,000 Island dressing. Blech.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Quote from: hbelkins on March 03, 2019, 07:25:16 PM
Quote from: nexus73 on March 03, 2019, 06:06:17 PM

Rick

The bloom is off the rose for In-N-Out for me. Looking at their menu, I get the impression that the only thing you can get on their burger is a 1,000 Island dressing-based sauce, and that's a big NO in my book. A 4x4 with ketchup and mustard would be acceptable. 1,000 Island dressing. Blech.
Do you like anything? Anything that gets mentioned that other people like, nine times out of ten you say you don't like it. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

We've had Culver's around here for years. They keep opening new locations still though so they must be doing pretty good. They just opened one recently in Bay City. They are pretty good and I'll eat there once in awhile.

MantyMadTown

Yeah that sucks. I've seen Culver's in states that frankly shouldn't have them.
Forget the I-41 haters

GaryV

Quote from: nexus73 on March 03, 2019, 02:50:40 PM

Rick

Oregon is surrounded by states with The Habit burger chain.  More are coming to eastern Washington and Idaho.  We just keep getting ignored!  Maybe our food is too good for our own good...LOL!

Rick
Maybe there's too many vegans and not enough carnivores.    :-D

cjk374

Quote from: GaryV on March 04, 2019, 08:43:00 AM
Quote from: nexus73 on March 03, 2019, 02:50:40 PM

Rick

Rick
Maybe there's too many vegans and not enough carnivores.    :-D

I can see this as being a legitimate reason for not moving there.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.