News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

D Magazine exec: Tear down I-30 just east of downtown Dallas

Started by txstateends, November 22, 2011, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txstateends

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2011/11/21/tear-down-the-east-dallas-portion-of-i30/

The founder/publisher/editor-in-chief has this brief road-related outburst, BUT comes up with little to nothing as far as a real alternative.  Instead of below-grading a-la US 75's redo north of downtown, he just says >poof< make it into a boulevard. 
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Revive 755

^ Typical new medievalist BS.

A lot of the area east of I-45 looks to be leaning industrial anyway.

MaxConcrete

I live in DFW and have not heard about that idea. The original editorial suggesting the removal of the elevated structure is dated 4-21-2010, and since I have not heard anything about it I think it is safe to say that the idea has not caught on and does not have any life in it.

It's a typical rant from anti-freeway interests, who claim that removing freeways will instantly cause revitalization. With the current funding climate for freeways, I'd say the chance of a freeway removal moving forward are zero. The east Dallas elevated will be here for a long time.
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.