D Magazine exec: Tear down I-30 just east of downtown Dallas

Started by txstateends, November 22, 2011, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txstateends

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2011/11/21/tear-down-the-east-dallas-portion-of-i30/

The founder/publisher/editor-in-chief has this brief road-related outburst, BUT comes up with little to nothing as far as a real alternative.  Instead of below-grading a-la US 75's redo north of downtown, he just says >poof< make it into a boulevard. 
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Revive 755

^ Typical new medievalist BS.

A lot of the area east of I-45 looks to be leaning industrial anyway.

MaxConcrete

I live in DFW and have not heard about that idea. The original editorial suggesting the removal of the elevated structure is dated 4-21-2010, and since I have not heard anything about it I think it is safe to say that the idea has not caught on and does not have any life in it.

It's a typical rant from anti-freeway interests, who claim that removing freeways will instantly cause revitalization. With the current funding climate for freeways, I'd say the chance of a freeway removal moving forward are zero. The east Dallas elevated will be here for a long time.
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.