News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 03:30:12 AM
Some people even drive several miles from home to save money on food or gas, but if you're paying more in gas than you save, it's not worth it. The average person don't figure the math either but drive the extra miles to get a bargain.
Off-Topic / Re: What song are you currentl...
Last post by freebrickproductions - Today at 02:56:25 AM
This lost metal song from the 80s:
Northeast / Re: Massachusetts
Last post by Rothman - Today at 01:05:12 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on Today at 12:34:38 AMJust drop it. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Massachusetts has the final say anyway and they own the signs and they'll keep whatever they want on it.

Telling me to drop it when you don't have to respond to my comments yourself is a one-sided take.  This is a forum.  We have rules for moderation and for inappropriate responses, but telling someone they shouldn't respond to a post in a forum like this doesn't seem right, either. 
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 12:34:38 AM
Just drop it. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Massachusetts has the final say anyway and they own the signs and they'll keep whatever they want on it.
Last post by kkt - April 29, 2024, 11:45:26 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on April 29, 2024, 08:50:09 PMPeople don't see the light or add figures up.

Some people don't add the figures up, and those people are the unscrupulous business's lawful prey.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Minnesota Notes
Last post by Rothman - April 29, 2024, 11:35:29 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on April 29, 2024, 09:18:57 PMCan of Worms completion date pushed back a year, likely because of the human remains discoveries last year. The state refused to answer any questions about that subject at their update announcing the construction delays.

https://www.northernnewsnow.com/2024/04/30/twin-ports-interchange-construction-completion-date-moved-2025/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2oR-eA7VxtnlMcXX7ZMchvtpuN3828ESxRG71QjI66jLGBRpbgKVWPXFk_aem_Ab1h8eiLEawGuCWstIQ0Qx72BB4OXC6Yx9vbuHotXwdwbPrQWepPycHGngJ8OhrzVGncYJqh7VOy64Y8xZj1M5_0

I'm sure the short construction season doesn't help things, either.  People tend to forget that very little can happen over the winter...unless you pay twice as much for cold-curing concrete and the like.  Still, I'd wonder about that even working up there with the common -30°F weather.
Last post by Rothman - April 29, 2024, 11:30:40 PM
No one got rich off of rewards points.  Not even the "Pepsi, Where's My Jet?" guy.
Last post by Rothman - April 29, 2024, 11:28:55 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on April 29, 2024, 10:50:03 PMAlso regions have been told not to use by MUTCD for more specific places. Yes, The Islands is like New Jersey and Delaware using Shore Points for all beach destinations or NYC using Eastern LI instead of Riverhead.

I'm not against using regions nor bridges as I grew up with them as control places. Just that guide signs are for tourists not familiar with the area.

Oh yes, MA 28 should be mentioned on guides at eastern end of MA 25. Having Bourne Bridge signed without route number or US 6 signed solo without MA 28 West is bad. I agree with Shadyjay on that one.

A big chunk of those tourists will be headed to The Islands, anyway, and will know what the sign means.
Road Enthusiasts Meetings / Re: SWPA25 Road Enthusiast Mee...
Last post by Rothman - April 29, 2024, 11:25:12 PM
And $%*#.  Have to pull out of going to this meet because I just learned of a passing of a friend and will need to be attending his funeral instead.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by J N Winkler - April 29, 2024, 11:14:48 PM
There is also this explainer:

https://www.keybridgerebuild.com/images/resources/Deeper-Dive-Progressive-Design-Build-2023-pidtpk.pdf

Essentially, progressive design-build has the contractor take the design to roughly the 40% to 60% stage, the point at which conventional design-build usually begins.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.