Why has'nt the travel mapping board been deleted?

Started by Roadgeekteen, August 02, 2017, 03:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Brandon

Dude, not every part will be used all the time.  Take a Xanax and chill.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Duke87

The travel mapping forum has moved to a new permanent home here.

That said the threads in the forum here are still sometimes cited in discussions about how to handle things, issues to resolve, etc. It's worthwhile having as an archive, we'd lose that info if it were deleted.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Duke87 on August 02, 2017, 10:26:36 PM

That said the threads in the forum here are still sometimes cited in discussions about how to handle things, issues to resolve, etc. It's worthwhile having as an archive, we'd lose that info if it were deleted.

Plus Alex allowed us to have that temporary section while we were working on getting our own forums online for the project after we forked it from the old CHM.

Alex

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 03, 2017, 01:47:59 AM
Quote from: Duke87 on August 02, 2017, 10:26:36 PM

Plus Alex allowed us to have that temporary section while we were working on getting our own forums online for the project after we forked it from the old CHM.

If you all wanted, maybe I could export out that section of the board via phpmyadmin so you could then import it into the SMF on the travel mapping site?

Otherwise I have no problems with the old section remaining here.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Alex on August 03, 2017, 08:30:50 AM
If you all wanted, maybe I could export out that section of the board via phpmyadmin so you could then import it into the SMF on the travel mapping site?

Otherwise I have no problems with the old section remaining here.

Don't know if that would be even possible Alex.  Would have to look into it at a later time.  At least it shouldn't cause any ID issues since the we haven't had enough posts/topics at our forums that would conflict with the ones that would have been used here in that section.  Matching it with user IDs (if people have them here and there) would be an entirely different story.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.