News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

KY 780

Started by US71, September 13, 2016, 07:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

KY 780 south of Clinton is very narrow. Was this an old motor trail or old US 51?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

The Ghostbuster

It only looks wide enough for one-way traffic.

US71

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 13, 2016, 07:47:20 PM
It only looks wide enough for one-way traffic.
It reminds of "sidewalk highway" (ala old US 66) which is why I wondered about it

NE2

Not as far as I can tell from old maps. By 1937, US 51 was on its present alignment, while KY 780 was an unpaved county road. And note where farther south the county line runs along US 51, providing strong evidence that this is a rather old road.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hbelkins

One of hundreds of Kentucky state highways that look like that. Although in most cases, double yellow center lines are not painted on them.

At least that one's flat and straight. There are lots in the mountains that are of similar width.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Captain Jack

I go to Mayfield quite a bit on business, and have always wanted to wander between there and the Mississippi. Now you have given me more reasons to actually do it. That looks like a fun road to explore.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on September 14, 2016, 10:32:14 PM
One of hundreds of Kentucky state highways that look like that. Although in most cases, double yellow center lines are not painted on them.

At least that one's flat and straight. There are lots in the mountains that are of similar width.
So no historical significance to your knowledge? Bummer.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.