News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Problem occurring with Webpage

Started by adventurernumber1, January 25, 2019, 02:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adventurernumber1

Yesterday I was looking at the "North Carolina" thread, catching up on unread posts. I then had to do something, so left the tab open (it still being on the thread page) on my phone, but I did not get a chance to go back and finish reading it until 30 minutes ago today. I started reading the rest of the posts, but then my page started acting up, and has been ever since. Every time, I would usually be able to make it to a certain part of the page pretty far down (on Pg. 92 of the thread), but then it would always mess up there, at the same spot. If I clicked the shortcut that took me to the very bottom of the page, I would be able to see the last post on that page, but everything above it would be covered in green, and then it would time out again. Whenever it would give me the error message, it would look like this:

A few different times, I cleared my history and shut off my phone (then back on), to see if it would give any relief. When doing so, once going back into the thread, it worked for a few seconds, but then the posts were blocked out in green and I got the error message again. I'm not sure if it is simply my phone that is acting up (it is over 2 years old now), or if I should probably abstain from keeping the thread tab open on my phone (being inactive) a long time (if that is what caused it). I've had the page refresh and gotten the "problem occurring with webpage" message many, many times, but for most of them it would only happen one time, the page would be reloaded, and then I could continue what I was doing. This may be the first time that something specifically like this has happened to me. I apologize if this is a stupid question to ask, but I just want to make sure I know best how to maneuver around incidents like this if they happen again in the future.

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

davewiecking

Seen similar on other sites, but not this one. Required reload usually can be traced to an ad that's got some questionable code in it. But if you're logged on, you shouldn't see ads here. Maybe try a different browser? My iPad has a tab open here all the time and is accessed several times a day. My iPhone usually has a tab open; I only use it for browsing once or twice a month, but it always works fine.

adventurernumber1

An update: the same thing is still happening on my phone (as of just now), but I have just looked at the "North Carolina" thread (Page 92) on my computer for the first time since the incident started. It was a success. Strangely, some posts on that same part of the page were blocked out in green for just a few short seconds while scrolling, but then it was all loaded and just fine. After repeating scrolling through that page of the thread a few times (and refreshing each time), I never got an error message or a time-out (the posts being blocked out in green happened for a couple of short seconds each time, but nothing more). So for the most part, smooth scrolling (pun intended  :biggrin: ) on the PC (just not the phone, yet).

Quote from: davewiecking on January 25, 2019, 03:17:14 PM
Seen similar on other sites, but not this one. Required reload usually can be traced to an ad that's got some questionable code in it. But if you're logged on, you shouldn't see ads here. Maybe try a different browser? My iPad has a tab open here all the time and is accessed several times a day. My iPhone usually has a tab open; I only use it for browsing once or twice a month, but it always works fine.

Thanks! I will definitely try a different browser(s) on my phone to see if the problem will subside. I believe I was logged in the whole time on my phone when the problem began, so the source may have not been from a weird advertisement. It is very odd indeed, but hopefully it will pass soon.

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.