News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Fallout 76: the worst map in the series

Started by J3ebrules, July 10, 2019, 09:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3ebrules

Did anyone else just die when they saw how awful the map of West Virginia was in Fallout 76?? Yes, I get that there was a divergence from our timeline - it's why they got away with leaving the Central Artery alone in Fallout 4's Boston. They even KNOW they did it - the quest name  "The Big Dig"  is an allusion that shows they were aware of their choice.

Fallout 3 tried for realism (albeit distorted a bit) in street names and the Metro, erasing all highway signage to eliminate that issue. Fallout New Vegas's map was, in contrast, pretty damned realistic for a video game.

BUT WHY THE HELL IS US 66 IN WEST VIRGINIA????

There is NOTHING correct about the highway numbers in Fallout 76. It drove me MAD!! Almost worse than, you know, all the bugs/glitches/crashes/extended server maintenance/completely filling my XBox's hard drive.

Is it just me??
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

nexus73

US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

hotdogPi

For reference:

The route numbers are harder to see, but they're still there.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

J3ebrules

Quote from: 1 on July 11, 2019, 09:02:00 AM
For reference:

The route numbers are harder to see, but they're still there.

Thanks for posting! It's a decent map to use...
But, see?? What the hell is I59 doing there??
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

formulanone

Henry

Route inaccuracies in video games are nothing new. For example, on the Cruis'n USA map, there is no mention of I-10, I-15, I-29 or I-65, I-80 appears to go through Chicago (which, clearly, it does not in reality, instead passing by it a few miles to the south), and I-40 and I-70 appear to end in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, respectively, while their real-life versions don't go anywhere near those cities.

Back to Fallout 76: I-59, US 61, US 62, US 63, US 64, US 65 and US 66 in the Mountaineer State are definitely weird things to see. I compared the routes of I-59 and US 63, and they turned out to be the actual routes of I-77 and I-79, respectively. (Also, where the hell is US 60???)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.