News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

WisDOT plans viewing

Started by on_wisconsin, July 07, 2011, 02:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

One of the DOT projects in my town I've been keeping close tabs on is the Stoughton Road (US 51) Corridor Plan. The plan will turn some intersections in interchanges, the ramp terminals at US 12/18 and State Highway 30 will become diverging diamonds, and more lanes will be added from Terminal Drive/Voges Road to about Rieder Road. Construction of the Preferred Alternative will not likely commence until maybe 2025 or 2030. I wish it could happen sooner, but I know the processes of road projects from planning to construction take many years. I am greatly interested in this project since my folks live not too far away from Stoughton Road, and use the road on a regular basis.

mgk920

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on August 07, 2015, 04:38:59 PM
One of the DOT projects in my town I've been keeping close tabs on is the Stoughton Road (US 51) Corridor Plan. The plan will turn some intersections in interchanges, the ramp terminals at US 12/18 and State Highway 30 will become diverging diamonds, and more lanes will be added from Terminal Drive/Voges Road to about Rieder Road. Construction of the Preferred Alternative will not likely commence until maybe 2025 or 2030. I wish it could happen sooner, but I know the processes of road projects from planning to construction take many years. I am greatly interested in this project since my folks live not too far away from Stoughton Road, and use the road on a regular basis.

IMHO, Stoughton Rd (US 51) in the Madison area is an interesting study in what the highway would have been 40-50 years ago had the interstates not been built.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.