News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Least favorite type of soda?

Started by Roadgeekteen, June 02, 2017, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your least favorite kind of soda?

Coke
1 (1.8%)
Coke zero
2 (3.5%)
Diet coke
5 (8.8%)
Pepsi
1 (1.8%)
Diet pepsi
6 (10.5%)
Mountain dew
5 (8.8%)
Sprite
1 (1.8%)
Orange soda
2 (3.5%)
Dr Pepper
10 (17.5%)
All of the above.
6 (10.5%)
None of the above.
18 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hotdogPi

I don't drink soda, pop, coke, seltzer, tonic, or any other carbonated beverages.

By the way, if you're going to add more options, add them at the end. If you add them in the middle, people's choices will be changed.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

hbelkins

I voted for Diet Pepsi. (And corrected your subject line to pop instead of soda. LOL)

I generally don't drink non-diet pop, save for an occasional Ale-8, unless I have to. The sugar makes them too sweet for my taste. But the reason I voted for Diet Pepsi is because I absolutely hate the stuff. I used to be able to drink it and Diet Coke interchangeably 25 years ago (I would buy whatever was on sale) but not anymore. If I'm at a restaurant that serves fountain Diet Pepsi, I usually get Diet Mountain Dew or Diet Dr Pepper if it's available. I'll drink Diet Pepsi if I absolutely have to but I can't stand the stuff.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

7/8

I also voted diet pepsi :). I had it once years ago and was surprised at how much worse it was than diet coke. This surprised me since coke and pepsi taste pretty similar to me. I should probably try it again to see if I still feel that way.

MNHighwayMan

Grape pop is not good. I don't like anything with artificial "grape" flavoring, really.

DaBigE

Diet anything, but Diet Pepsi is the worst of the worst.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

english si

Anything diet/zero/max as it makes me feel ill (also includes almost every regular soda in the UK as they are spiked with non-sugar sweetners)

However, I agree with MNHighwayMan that grape-flavor is vile. Regular grape juice, even though not artificial, is also vile. Wine is good, and some grape juices taste more like wine than grape juice, but Mr Welch's discovery of how to make grapes be anything other than eaten within a couple of days, dried (into raisins, currants and sultanas) or turned into wine is worthy of the title of "one of the worst scientific breakthroughs ever". Thankfully, I'm British and we go with blackcurrant, rather than grape as purple flavour.

But, I think Fanta Fruit Twist is even worse tasting. So Fanta Fruit Twist Zero is my winner.

bandit957

Grape soda is OK, but grape flavoring in soda and candy isn't really grape. Grape Bubble Yum is the same way.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

HazMatt

I feel like the odd man out since I drink primarily Diet Pepsi, and I loved grape soda when I still drank the stuff with sugar in it.  I voted Diet Coke, but I've never liked any iteration of Coke.

hbelkins

Darkchylde

Anything sweetened with high fructose corn syrup.

Takumi

All of them. Except for the occasional Red Bull or Kickstart (which has a little bit of fruit juice, and only a reasonable amount of sugar, so it isn't quite as bad as a normal soda).
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

LM117

Anything diet. Diet drinks give me terrible migraines. Even the smell of them doesn't sit well with me.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

bmorrill

Delaware Punch. Tried it a few times i the '60s and, yes, it was still horrible. May not even be made anymore.

bmorrill

Big Red's another one that doesn't do much for me.

DeaconG

Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Rothman

Quote from: DeaconG on June 03, 2017, 02:01:27 PM
Root beer. Can't deal with it.
Yes, foamy sweet yummy syrupy goodness is so hard to deal with.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

I don't like most of the fruit-flavored colas, like Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke or the like. As a general matter I drink only diet soda because the non-diet stuff is simply too sweet for my taste, so I guess if there were an option for "all non-diet stuff" I might vote for that. Last week I bought a four-pack of non-diet IBC Root Beer because I had a barbecue sauce recipe that called for root beer. I drank the extra that wasn't needed for the recipe and I found it unbelievably sweet and hard to drink.

I therefore didn't vote in the poll because my choice would be "other."

I've never had anything called "pop," BTW. Not sure what "pop" is.  :biggrin:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

HazMatt

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 03, 2017, 06:19:59 PM
I don't like most of the fruit-flavored colas, like Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke or the like. As a general matter I drink only diet soda because the non-diet stuff is simply too sweet for my taste, so I guess if there were an option for "all non-diet stuff" I might vote for that. Last week I bought a four-pack of non-diet IBC Root Beer because I had a barbecue sauce recipe that called for root beer. I drank the extra that wasn't needed for the recipe and I found it unbelievably sweet and hard to drink.

I therefore didn't vote in the poll because my choice would be "other."

I've never had anything called "pop," BTW. Not sure what "pop" is.  :biggrin:

I slug my brother in the arm when he visits and calls it pop.  He moved up north about 10 years ago and has picked up the local dialect.  I call it a 'pop for a pop.'Trademark pending

MNHighwayMan

As a born and raised northerner who calls it pop, and drinks it with his hotdish while naturally and unironically peppering his conversations with a few "yeah sure, you betcha's," I think you and I would fight if we met. :bigass:

hbelkins

If "pop" is a northern thing then that must settle the debate of whether Kentucky is in the South or the Midwest -- obviously it's neither, because "pop" is the prevalent descriptor around here.

Most people from the Northeast that I've heard refer to soft drinks using a different term call it "soda."

SP Cook

I find Mountain Dew to be disgusting. 

I avoid the imitator (Pepsi) as much as I can.  If a restaurant serves that company's products and has Diet Pepsi as its only diet drink, I don't go there unless I'm forced and then I will get tea or coffee or an alcohol drink if appropriate. 

formulanone

Beverly, although it's thankfully out of production. -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_(drink)

They say Moxie is an acquired taste. It tastes like cola at first, then root beer, then seems to finish up with a toothpaste flavor (to me).  X-(

Diet Coke would be my least favorite of the more commonly-found sodas. I could pretty much lump all the diet sods together as undesirable.

sparker

Tab.  Tastes like a 10th grade chemistry student put it together.  So grateful in 1983 when Diet Coke was introduced.  Although Vanilla Coke Zero is close in its discordant flavor spectrum -- for me, one can & done! 

TheHighwayMan3561

I find a lot of off-brand stuff to be total shit (Shasta, etc.). As for mainstream, I'm not a fan of HFCS Mountain Dew but I love the sugar variant. I also don't like the aftertaste of most diet pop.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.