News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Favorite road videos on YouTube

Started by thspfc, July 28, 2020, 02:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

What are your favorite road videos on YouTube? My favorite channel for these is Freewayjim, and he also seems to be the most popular in that category. My personal favorite video of his is #16-37, which is I-17 from Flagstaff to Phoenix.

Max Rockatansky

I'm probably biased since I was in the commentary of some of the videos but I do like the real time RoadwayWiz Freeway features.  With more rural stuff I like channels like Interstate Kyle and Arizona Desert Dog. 

vdeane

I've mentioned the roadgeek channels I subscribe to (roadwaywiz/roadwaywizwny, FreewayJim, Freeway Franks, and AsphaltPlanet) on other threads, but my favorite road video is actually from none of those.  It's the video CGP Grey did of driving a Tesla across the Loneliest Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_naDg-guomA
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

RoadsByArco

Bumping this thread, my favorite road videos have to be I-69/US 59 from InterstateJD and Lights Across the Bay from Freewayjim.

bing101

I like these roadgeek videos when its on Trails.

webny99

I find this video of projected improvements to US 281 north of San Antonio uniquely satisfying.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on March 08, 2021, 05:59:51 PM
I find this video of projected improvements to US 281 north of San Antonio uniquely satisfying.

Meanwhile, I kept wanting to tell those car and bus drivers, There's nothing wrong with the right lane, you know!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Henry

Count me in as a fan of Freewayjim, mainly because of the variety in his music that seems to match the road.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

WillWeaverRVA

Pretty much anything Freewayjim.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.