News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Pork

Started by Max Rockatansky, March 01, 2021, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I don't think we've had pork thread before but I figure now is the time since I've learned that it goes well with payoffs related to road construction corruption.  What is everyone's favorite pork related products?  I'm partial to the taco truck down on Golden State Boulevard south of Fresno and their delicious pork carnitas.  They are so good in fact my wife and I actually hired the truck to cater our wedding in 2019. 

webny99

Well, bacon, obviously.

Pulled pork would be a close second. Chipotle has the best carnitas (which is basically Spanish for pulled pork, for anyone that doesn't know).

kphoger

Pepperoni comes close to bacon.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Nice, crispy pork belly
Lardo on some nice charred bread
Chicharrones
Jokbal (Korean braised trotters)
Lechon (Philippines style roasted suckling pig)
Sisig (Philippines style sauteed pork cheek with onions, peppers, and calamansi juice)

Chris

JoePCool14

I saw the title for this thread and was prepared for a discussion on pork in legislation. I'm not disappointed that I was wrong.

Now, that being said, bacon is the best pork.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 01, 2021, 01:22:07 PM
I saw the title for this thread and was prepared for a discussion on pork in legislation. I'm not disappointed that I was wrong.

If someone wants to pass legislation that I need to have some sort of pork product for breakfast every morning, fine by me. 

Takumi

Pepperoni. Bacon. Ribs. Prosciutto. BBQ.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Big John

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 01, 2021, 01:58:30 PM

If someone wants to pass legislation that I need to have some sort of pork product for breakfast every morning, fine by me. 
How many Presidential terms will it take for this to pass?  :bigass:

Pork sausage for me.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Big John on March 01, 2021, 02:39:38 PM

How many Presidential terms will it take for this to pass?  :bigass:

Pork sausage for me.

This would be the most obvious bipartisan piece legislation ever to exist. 

tolbs17

My dog loves it and I do too but I get a stomachache by having too much of it.

interstatefan990

There must not be vegans on here. I haven't seen anyone viciously object to this thread yet. But anyways, pulled pork on a bun with some barbecue sauce, coleslaw, and cornbread is mouth-watering.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

frankenroad

I've never met a pork that I didn't like.  I even like goetta and scrapple.  Don't know that I have one favorite, but if I had to choose it would be a sausage of some type, probably a mettwurst or bratwurst.
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

triplemultiplex

I love doing pork roasts on the grill.  Makes for some very happy sandwiches over the next few days.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Dirt Roads

Quote from: Big John on March 01, 2021, 02:39:38 PM
Pork sausage for me.

Bob Evans has the best hot pork sausage.  But they don't serve it in their restaurants.  Their mild pork sausage is good, but nothing to write home about.  Grocery stores in North Carolina carry their microwavable mashed potatoes, but not their sausage products.  Therefore, I'll do the North Carolina thing and vote for Neese's Liver Pudding (and I'll take seconds on Neese's Souse).

kphoger

Quote from: interstatefan990 on March 01, 2021, 04:15:50 PM
There must not be vegans on here. I haven't seen anyone viciously object to this thread yet. But anyways, pulled pork on a bun with some barbecue sauce, coleslaw, and cornbread is mouth-watering.

I actually don't recall anyone on here mentioning they were a vegetarian or vegan.  That's not to say there aren't any but, if there are, I guess they must not be very vocal about it.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

mgk920

I can inhale a good ham salad (cut into cubes about the size of pencil erasers, mix about 20:1 with celery cut to a similar size and then mayo to coat).

:cool:

Mike

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on March 01, 2021, 05:27:51 PM

I actually don't recall anyone on here mentioning they were a vegetarian or vegan.  That's not to say there aren't any but, if there are, I guess they must not be very vocal about it.

I'm effectively a pescatarian since that's what my wife is.  So I probably only eat pork maybe once a month at most.  Sad for me, I know.  I also really like veggies, so there's that.

Chris

interstatefan990

Quote from: kphoger on March 01, 2021, 05:27:51 PM

I highly prefer non-vocal vegans as opposed to the ones who will get in your face and guilt-trip you for enjoying a hamburger.

Scott5114

There must not be vegans on here. I haven't seen anyone viciously object to this thread yet.

Allow me! ...Not cause I'm a vegan, I just don't regularly eat pork. Proteins of choice for me are beef, chicken, and turkey, in that order. I find pork difficult to work with when I do cook it.

That being said, I do like bacon, sausage, and on pizza, pepperoni. But I don't go out of my way to keep it stocked at home (except for sausage, but that's for my wife more than me), and I don't add bacon to sandwiches and such very often.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

interstatefan990

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 01, 2021, 05:59:45 PM
There must not be vegans on here. I haven't seen anyone viciously object to this thread yet.

Allow me! ...Not cause I'm a vegan, I just don't regularly eat pork. Proteins of choice for me are beef, chicken, and turkey, in that order. I find pork difficult to work with when I do cook it.

That being said, I do like bacon, sausage, and on pizza, pepperoni. But I don't go out of my way to keep it stocked at home (except for sausage, but that's for my wife more than me), and I don't add bacon to sandwiches and such very often.

That sounded scarily accurate. I'm pretty much the exact same, except I don't stock sausage at home. I stopped eating bacon regularly a while ago because of how it can clog your heart. When I do I have it, it's usually in a BLT. And I never cook pork, I just get it for take-out which most of the time is when I'm on vacation. If you're ever in the Washington, DC area, you should try the pork sandwiches from Sloppy Mama's.

JoePCool14

Kosher Jews, Muslims, and Christians during Lent might have something to say about that one.  :awesomeface:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 01, 2021, 05:59:45 PM
I just don't regularly eat pork. ... I find pork difficult to work with when I do cook it.

Same here!

My wife and I have found that a pork tenderloin is fairly easy to work with, but leftovers somehow still end up being tough.  We also have a barbecue pork shoulder in the deep freeze that we'll stick in the crock pot one of these days.  Honestly, the crock pot has become our go-to pot of choice for pork:  probably the most popular thing to do with it in our house is to make crock pot pulled pork for Chipotle-style burrito bowls.  Also, ground pork makes for pretty good Asian-inspired dishes.
Male pronouns, please.

kphoger

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 01, 2021, 07:57:04 PM

Kosher Jews, Muslims, and Christians during Lent might have something to say about that one.  :awesomeface:

Why would Jews, Muslims, or Christians have a problem with Max Rockatansky being required to eat pork?
Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on March 01, 2021, 08:25:15 PM
Why would Jews, Muslims, or Christians have a problem with Max Rockatansky being required to eat pork?

For a law to be constitutional, it couldn't apply to Max alone. It would have to be worded something like "persons legally domiciled in the state of California known to have between 13,000 and 14,000 posts on the AARoads forum". I don't know if that applies to anyone else, but it could.

I am in favor of this law because it would mean, because I can change anyone's post count at will, I get to decide who is and isn't required to eat pork.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 01, 2021, 08:32:54 PM
I can change anyone's post count at will, I get to decide who is and isn't required to eat pork.

Watch out for auditors.
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.