News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Need a New 10,000+ Rank Marker

Started by Rothman, June 03, 2022, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

I never thought I'd get to 10,000 posts and now I have that stupid rank marker.  It'd be better if it was road related.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

NWI_Irish96

Here's my attempt at this, kind of like a progression from your home as you embark on a cross-country trip:

1-2 Driveway
3-9 Cul-de-sac
10-24 Local street
25-49 Collector
50-99 Arterial
100-249 Main street
250-499 County road
500-999 State highway
1000-2499 US highway
2500-4999 Expressway
5000-9999 Turnpike
10000-14999 Freeway
15000- 19999 Interstate
20000+ Likes the forum way, way too much
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Max Rockatansky

If you listen to a particular sect of road cultists the top rank here ought to be Beaver Nuggets.  :rolleyes:

On a more serious side, Forest Service Road seems like a layup ranking that wasn't utilized.

kphoger

Why aren't I-366 and the Hypotenuse in the list?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on June 03, 2022, 02:51:43 PM
Why aren't I-366 and the Hypotenuse in the list?

If we are going incorporate the AAroads legend then there needs to be a rank of Teddy Roosevelt somewhere.

hotdogPi

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on June 03, 2022, 02:44:12 PM
50-98 Arterial
99 Bud Shuster
100-237 Main street
238 The 3di With No Parent
239-499 County road

How about this?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

formulanone

10k: Defunct Auto Trail
20k: Wooden Shield
30k: Desire Path
40k: Map Crease
50k: Toll Barrier
60k: Plank Road
70k: Carpet with Toy Cars
80k: Playing Card Wedged in Bicycle Spokes
90k: Gore Point
100k: A Single Plum, Floating in Perfume, Served In a Man's Hat 

Max Rockatansky

Some others:

31:  Little Green Shrub
69:  Nice
376:  Gross Vegan

Some others I couldn't think of numbers for a status:

Pooing is cool
Flat
:colorful:
Grand Alan
Federal Route
Barber Wire
Buc-ee's
Wallethub
viatologist
Robot
Mary Hannah

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

At least one of the possibilities listed in this thread is already in use for a rank level nobody has reached yet.

"Likes the forum way, way too much" was originally added when the forum was new enough that 10,000 posts seemed like a ridiculous number of posts for someone to have. It was sort of meant to be an Easter egg in that way. We've never changed it since then.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 03, 2022, 04:54:12 PM
viatologist

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 03, 2022, 05:09:36 PM
At least one of the possibilities listed in this thread is already in use for a rank level nobody has reached yet.

I have a strong suspicion...
Male pronouns, please.

LilianaUwU

Dare I say autobahn? Seems like a natural next step up from Interstate.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

jeffandnicole

This complaint sounds like the people on social forums who, just after having a baby, suddenly complains that vehicles are too loud, fireworks are going off, friends and family should schedule their gatherings around the baby's nap time, and everything we all know needs to change because of the baby.

The marker is what it is.  If someone wants it changed, they should've petitioned the admins when it didn't affect them.

Alps

"Likes the forum way, way too much" was originally added when the forum was new enough that 10,000 posts seemed like a ridiculous number of posts for someone to have. It was sort of meant to be an Easter egg in that way. We've never changed it since then.
kinda wish i was still an admin so i could sneak a peek at what it is

SectorZ

vdeane

New rank for 10k-15k: Likes Olive Garden Way, Way Too Much
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Rothman

Quote from: vdeane on June 03, 2022, 08:45:13 PM
That's just mean.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kalvado

Quote from: jeffandnicole on June 03, 2022, 05:21:25 PM
This complaint sounds like the people on social forums who, just after having a baby, suddenly complains that vehicles are too loud, fireworks are going off, friends and family should schedule their gatherings around the baby's nap time, and everything we all know needs to change because of the baby.

The marker is what it is.  If someone wants it changed, they should've petitioned the admins when it didn't affect them.
So I may still say that I don't quite like it?
I remember when I joined, there was a discussion about first user reaching "way too much" and if it is a personal marker or just about leader reaching certain milestone.
Few years later, the joke repeated 20+ times (as in 20+ users with the badge) is no longer funny.

froggie

More like "Been Online Way, Way, Too Long"...

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on June 03, 2022, 05:11:01 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 03, 2022, 04:54:12 PM
viatologist

I have a strong suspicion...

I was really curious about that because I didn't see anything obvious in the preceding replies, but that... might be it?

I have an equally strong suspicion, kphoger, that you'll be the first to find out, considering you're the closest to 25k posts.

1995hoo

I never eat at Olive Garden.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

webny99

Quote from: kalvado on June 03, 2022, 09:25:14 PM
I remember when I joined, there was a discussion about first user reaching "way too much" and if it is a personal marker or just about leader reaching certain milestone.
Few years later, the joke repeated 20+ times (as in 20+ users with the badge) is no longer funny.

Concur with this. I'm not a big fan of the badge either - the text is OK, but the giant smiley is excessive now that 20+ users have reached that level. And "way, way too much" is a relative term, so its value continues to go down with every user that reaches that rank.

Quote from: froggie on June 03, 2022, 10:33:07 PM
More like "Been Online Way, Way, Too Long"...

I don't mind that as an alternative, just as you have it here with no smiley necessary.

webny99

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 04, 2022, 10:48:00 AM

I've never even been to Olive Garden, but it was a well-played joke considering the OP's frequent disparaging of OG in other threads.

Rothman

Quote from: webny99 on June 04, 2022, 10:54:11 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on June 04, 2022, 10:48:00 AM

I've never even been to Olive Garden, but it was a well-played joke considering the OP's frequent disparaging of OG in other threads.
Just telling it like it is.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.