News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Best of Road Pictures

Started by CentralCAroadgeek, April 25, 2012, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Warning, 3.6MB image....slight cropping, no color changes.

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

CentralCAroadgeek

The street blades in front of the California State Capitol in Sacramento:

Ian

Went into Philadelphia tonight, and took some long exposure shots...

I'd consider them to be alright, especially considering that I've only started to learn and take these long exposure shots.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

KEVIN_224

Nice shots! Center City and Penn's Landing appreciate your effort! Well...at least I do! :)

Ian

Quote from: KEVIN_224 on November 11, 2012, 12:17:10 AM
Nice shots! Center City and Penn's Landing appreciate your effort! Well...at least I do! :)

I appreciate your compliments!  :D
Youtube l Flickr

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

mobilene

Quote from: PennDOTFan on November 10, 2012, 10:47:48 PM
Went into Philadelphia tonight, and took some long exposure shots...

Delightful! Especially the first shot -- so many things guiding the eye in.
jim grey | Indianapolis, Indiana

Ian

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on November 11, 2012, 06:56:34 PM
^ very nice indeed.

Quote from: mobilene on November 11, 2012, 10:47:41 PM
Delightful! Especially the first shot -- so many things guiding the eye in.

Thanks!  :D
Youtube l Flickr

jemacedo9

PennDOTFan - your shots are FANTASTIC!  (even removing my bias of being originally from the Philly area.)

agentsteel53

I see you got yourself a tripod!

those are some excellent shots  :sombrero:
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Ian

Quote from: jemacedo9 on November 12, 2012, 05:49:46 PM
PennDOTFan - your shots are FANTASTIC!  (even removing my bias of being originally from the Philly area.)

Thanks! Even though I've lived here all my life, I still think the city does a bit of a kick to it. It certainly may not be as glamorous as some other cities, but it does have its pretty side.

Quote from: agentsteel53 on November 12, 2012, 05:56:57 PM
I see you got yourself a tripod!

those are some excellent shots  :sombrero:

Yep! I've been using my dad's old tripod which he doesn't use anymore, and it has done wonders in these long exposures. Thanks for the compliment!
Youtube l Flickr

brownpelican

Southbound on North Rampart Street just past WWL-TV in New Orleans.

brownpelican

Southbound on Main Street/Old Miss. 13/35 in Columbia.

Sanctimoniously

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM
[tt]wow                 very cringe
        such clearview          must photo
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

amroad17

Ever since VDOT changed the EXIT 1B sign from EAST I-64 to DOWNTOWN HAMPTON in the late 90's, it has been an issue that has irritated me from the first time I had ever seen it.  It is posting that downtown Hampton is more important than I-64 east.  It just plain looks unprofessional.  DOWNTOWN HAMPTON should be on an auxiliary sign just before that particular interchange or it could be on a LGS in place of the EAST I-64 on the gantry in the second picture.

It's a wonder the airport sign wasn't slapped over the WEST I-64 part of the EXIT 1A BGS and a trailblazer put in place of the airport sign.  I guess then it would have made the gantry look a little more "balanced".

By the way, those are excellent photographs.  I really like the first one--a simple, elegant sign.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Takumi

VA 142 westbound, taking the long way home from work today avoiding I-95 mall traffic and US 301 avoiding-the-I-95-mall-traffic traffic.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

roadman65

Quote from: amroad17 on December 21, 2012, 11:30:06 PM
Ever since VDOT changed the EXIT 1B sign from EAST I-64 to DOWNTOWN HAMPTON in the late 90's, it has been an issue that has irritated me from the first time I had ever seen it.  It is posting that downtown Hampton is more important than I-64 east.  It just plain looks unprofessional.  DOWNTOWN HAMPTON should be on an auxiliary sign just before that particular interchange or it could be on a LGS in place of the EAST I-64 on the gantry in the second picture.

It's a wonder the airport sign wasn't slapped over the WEST I-64 part of the EXIT 1A BGS and a trailblazer put in place of the airport sign.  I guess then it would have made the gantry look a little more "balanced".

By the way, those are excellent photographs.  I really like the first one--a simple, elegant sign.
I agree with you on this one.  Why would VDOT put I-64 EB on a small assembly instead of on the main guide?   All kidding aside, I think swapping the airport and I-64 West would be an improvement for real if they choose this way.

Interesting, is it MUTCD compliable?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

KEK Inc.

Quote from: CentralCAroadgeek on August 18, 2012, 05:48:01 PM

I-5 north in Portland from the Morrison Bridge onramp. (On another note, does that blank electronic sign happen to be one of those new variable speed limit signs in Portland?)

I realize it's a bit stale now, but noone responded. 

It's a ramp meter signal.  Oregon uses electronic signs to indicate that the meter light is on or off.  Some of them also indicate motorists to form 2 lanes.  (Oregon only has one lane through meters; however, people are supposed to form 2 lines when the meter is on.)    That signal is at least 10 years old.

Washington uses flashing yellow on a warning sign.  California uses a pedestrian signal that says 'Meter On' instead of the standard walk/stop signal.  On expressways, they use the standard flourescent CalTrans variable sign that's been used since the 90s.
Take the road less traveled.

Takumi

Here's VA 164 eastbound.

I-664 northbound on the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Sanctimoniously

More pictures that came out really well from last weekend's trip, this time on I-64.

EDIT: The second one could be more because I may be living in Willoughby Spit soon, so I'm naturally excited at that idea.
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM
[tt]wow                 very cringe
        such clearview          must photo
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

CentralCAroadgeek

The Hollywood Fwy (US-101) from the Universal Studios parking garage:

The same view at night:

Takumi

Some eastbound VA 5 photos.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

formulanone

Downtown Baltimore - January 2011

(photo link expired)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.