News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NYC to Baltimore and US-40/I-170!

Started by Mergingtraffic, November 13, 2013, 01:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

I'll be taking a trip to Baltimore and plan to get US-40 (former I-170) pics, are most of the NRBC signs still around?

I'll be looking for old shield, NRBC and whatever else there is.  Any particular roads I should take? 
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

dgolub

Further north, you might want to get I-95 and I-295 up near Trenton, since that's all going to be renumbered when they finish the I-95/I-276 interchange north of Philadelphia.

Laura

Yes. Most of the signs are still around on US 40/old I-170. Also, there are a lot on I-83 and its exits, especially closer to downtown.

Don't know what your timetable is or estimated day is, but my husband and I live just outside the city and would be happy to grab lunch or dinner and show you around! (I love hosting road geeks).

Henry

Quote from: Laura Bianca on November 14, 2013, 08:10:26 AM
Yes. Most of the signs are still around on US 40/old I-170. Also, there are a lot on I-83 and its exits, especially closer to downtown.

Don't know what your timetable is or estimated day is, but my husband and I live just outside the city and would be happy to grab lunch or dinner and show you around! (I love hosting road geeks).
Although you will miss the changed western end that was demolished in 2010; the nonworking streetlights, mural on the wall and empty gantry are no longer there.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Laura

Yes. There was also a NRBC BGS eastbound for the exit from nowhere to US 1 that was removed at the western end.

The route is also closed eastbound, but can still be driven westbound. All of the construction at the western end is for the Baltimore MARC station expansion and future red line (light rail).

iPhone

Mergingtraffic

Quote from: Laura Bianca on November 14, 2013, 05:30:16 PM
Yes. There was also a NRBC BGS eastbound for the exit from nowhere to US 1 that was removed at the western end.

The route is also closed eastbound, but can still be driven westbound. All of the construction at the western end is for the Baltimore MARC station expansion and future red line (light rail).

iPhone

The eastbound US-40 is closed off?
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

Laura

Yes, eastbound US 40 on the highway to nowhere is closed. Cars must take mulberry street to go east. Although most of the pavement still exists, the road is ripped up at the western end, so it is undrivable. You can drive westbound on the highway to nowhere.

I have no idea how long it is closed and if it will be reopened.

iPhone

Laura

1995hoo

Quote from: Laura Bianca on November 15, 2013, 09:38:36 AM
Sorry, don't know how to edit or quote on tapatalk. Looks like eastbound US 40 will be closed until the beginning of 2015: http://www.baltimorecity.gov/DesktopModules/DnnForge%20-%20NewsArticles/Print.aspx?tabid=666&tabmoduleid=8148&articleId=4022&moduleId=2133&PortalID=0

iPhone

Tap on the post you want to edit or quote. A pop-up menu appears. Tap the appropriate part of that menu. ("Edit" doesn't appear in this screenshot since it was not my post.)

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Laura

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 15, 2013, 10:04:34 AM
Quote from: Laura Bianca on November 15, 2013, 09:38:36 AM
Sorry, don't know how to edit or quote on tapatalk. Looks like eastbound US 40 will be closed until the beginning of 2015: http://www.baltimorecity.gov/DesktopModules/DnnForge%20-%20NewsArticles/Print.aspx?tabid=666&tabmoduleid=8148&articleId=4022&moduleId=2133&PortalID=0

iPhone

Tap on the post you want to edit or quote. A pop-up menu appears. Tap the appropriate part of that menu. ("Edit" doesn't appear in this screenshot since it was not my post.)

Got it, thanks!

iPhone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.