Cities/Metro Areas that Still Have Traditional Freeway Lighting

Started by Henry, May 18, 2022, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

This was inspired by a quote I read the other day...

Quote from: architect77 on April 02, 2022, 07:53:47 PMYou should issue your request to the towns that 400 pass through. They are the ones who pay for the lighting.

And why isn't Ga Power offering to convert existing freeway lighting to LED through Atlanta? It will pay for itself in savings. Ga Power finished converting all the other street lighting years ago.

Even as more cities and metropolitan areas move to LED lighting on their freeways/expressways and Interstates, there are still some that have the traditional sodium vapor lights in place, and Atlanta in the example above is one such area. I see there are plenty other places without at least partial LED conversion out there, so where exactly are they? Also, how long do you think the older technology will be around where it exists?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

hobsini2

In my area, you can still tell when one highway jurisdiction ends and the other begins based on the LED light use. ISTHA uses LED on I-355. However, the exit ramps from I-55 and on 55 itself still use the old orange sodium lights. Probably will change on I-55 when they finish the construction planned for the next few years between I-80 and I-294.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.