News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Looking for the best weather place

Started by Dough4872, November 01, 2023, 11:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dough4872

I am looking for what place in the United States has the best weather. I would like to find a place that is usually sunny and 70 most of the time year-round with minimal rain and no snow.

Rothman

Quote from: Dough4872 on November 01, 2023, 11:42:27 PM
I am looking for what place in the United States has the best weather. I would like to find a place that is usually sunny and 70 most of the time year-round with minimal rain and no snow.
San Francisco.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jlam

Do you tolerate greater than 70 degrees? Try Phoenix.

Looking for exactly 70 degrees year-round? Can't help ya.

gonealookin

Quote from: Rothman on November 01, 2023, 11:43:23 PM
Quote from: Dough4872 on November 01, 2023, 11:42:27 PM
San Francisco.

For minimal rain I'd go for Santa Barbara to San Diego, anywhere within a few miles of the ocean.  Inland can get hotter pretty quickly.

LilianaUwU

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

bm7

Hawaii has very consistent temperatures albeit closer to 80 than 70, if you can afford to live there.

oscar

Quote from: bm7 on November 02, 2023, 12:00:51 AM
Hawaii has very consistent temperatures albeit closer to 80 than 70, if you can afford to live there.

But it also rains a lot in some parts of the state. One spot on Kauai is the rainiest place on earth. Other islands have extreme precipitation variations, with "microclimates" only a few miles wide, and at least one community with "wet" and "dry" sides. So choose your spot carefully.

The extreme cost of living is statewide, sometimes called the "paradise tax" (COL about a third higher than the mainland).

The other thing to think about, from our perspective, is road trip opportunities are somewhat limited. You can't even take your car to other islands, with the failure of the Hawaii Superferry. So even road trips to Hawaii's other islands, let alone other states, mean catching a plane and renting a car at the other end. I'm sure I would be feeling pretty cooped up if I lived there, as much as I've enjoyed my short-term visits to Hawaii.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

DriverDave

Flint1979

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Rothman

San Diego isn't warmer than 70 on average?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

Quote from: Rothman on November 02, 2023, 02:39:53 PM

Seven months have an average high temp of < 70°F.
Five months have an average high temp of > 70°F.

No month has an average high temp of 80°F or more.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

My high school math teacher used to live in San Diego. I don't know how she survived her first November to April in the Great Lakes, not seeing the sun for weeks on end. November alone probably brought more clouds that she'd seen in three decades in San Diego.

gonealookin

Quote from: kphoger on November 02, 2023, 02:43:31 PM
Quote from: Rothman on November 02, 2023, 02:39:53 PM

Seven months have an average high temp of < 70°F.
Five months have an average high temp of > 70°F.

No month has an average high temp of 80°F or more.

That would be downtown San Diego, which is on the water.

Go inland 17 miles to El Cajon and you have three months (July-September) when the average high temperature is 86°F or higher.  That's why I add the caveat, stay within "a few" (meaning 3-5) miles of the water in Southern California if you want those cooler temperatures.

Another thing about Southern California vs. San Francisco would be many more 70-degree days in Southern California during the winter months, where the Bay Area has a lot of not-cold but chilly and damp days in the 50s in the winter.

IMGoph

Rothman

Quote from: IMGoph on November 03, 2023, 10:03:50 AM
I can't believe no one has said Redwood City. It's been tested!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-waymarking-images/134b3adb-33b9-4c76-b0ba-926df68e19d6.JPG
Heh.  Well, it is just a little south of San Francisco.  I used to live near Redwood City in far southern San Mateo...

jgb191

Look no further than southern Texas gulf coast....either Corpus Christi or Rio Grande Valley area.  We have the closest to perfect year-round climate as you'll find anywhere in the country.  Even in the middle of January we can enjoy golfing, barbecue, a day at the beach, or any other form of outdoor activity.  Not very many states outside Texas will you find ideal beach weather in the winter. 

The only thing I don't like about our climate is that during our winters we will get a couple of frigid cold blasts that send our low temperatures very close to freezing for a few nights out of the year.  But vast majority of the year, you'll get to enjoy warm conditions and best of all, here you'll never have to worry about snow or ice hazards, which cause a lot of fatalities on the roads and highways.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Rothman

Quote from: jgb191 on November 03, 2023, 10:54:17 PM
Look no further than southern Texas gulf coast....either Corpus Christi or Rio Grande Valley area.  We have the closest to perfect year-round climate as you'll find anywhere in the country.  Even in the middle of January we can enjoy golfing, barbecue, a day at the beach, or any other form of outdoor activity.  Not very many states outside Texas will you find ideal beach weather in the winter. 

The only thing I don't like about our climate is that during our winters we will get a couple of frigid cold blasts that send our low temperatures very close to freezing for a few nights out of the year.  But vast majority of the year, you'll get to enjoy warm conditions and best of all, here you'll never have to worry about snow or ice hazards, which cause a lot of fatalities on the roads and highways.
Corpus Christi?  Land of 150% humidity?

gonealookin

I enjoyed my trip to South Padre Island a couple years ago.  Nice beach town, has a very Mexican atmosphere, and many of the buildings look like they're built like fortresses to withstand the occasional hurricane.

However...the OP is looking for temperature around 70°F year-round, and I'm not seeing that along the Texas Gulf Coast.  At South Padre the average low temperature from June through September is in the 77°F-79°F vicinity.  The Gulf does moderate the high temperature so that's around 88°F-89°F during those months, but it comes with rain and plenty of humidity.  I'd call that "relentless heat".  It's a reasonable snowbird destination but you can have the summer.

oscar

Quote from: DriverDave on November 02, 2023, 12:56:49 AM
San Diego

"June gloom" can mean inconsistent beach weather much of the year.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Road Hog

I'm looking to make the reverse snowbird move. Take a few weeks in July/August and maybe check out the UP or the northern LP.

bing101

Here is a map where you can find which areas have a climate that's just right for you.

Rothman

Quote from: bing101 on November 04, 2023, 07:33:52 AM
Here is a map where you can find which areas have a climate that's just right for you.

Here we go again...

bing101

Quote from: Rothman on November 04, 2023, 07:41:40 AM
Quote from: bing101 on November 04, 2023, 07:33:52 AM

Here we go again...
Yes we mentioned this on another thread about movies getting their local references wrong.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=10575.150

jgb191

Quote from: Rothman on November 03, 2023, 11:11:30 PM

Corpus Christi?  Land of 150% humidity?

Not every day.....some days we do drop down to around 102% RH.  Which reminds me:  Did I forget to mention we are also the land of 80-degree Dew Points and Heat Index in the 110s on the daily for nearly half the year and 90 degree temperatures even in the winter?
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.