US 67 Update and New 5 Year Plan Illinois

Started by 3467, April 15, 2010, 04:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyon Wonder

Quote from: I-39 on December 22, 2021, 09:44:01 AM
I honestly don't think any further upgrades are needed between Macomb and Jacksonville, nor between Manchester and Jerseyville. At this point, I'd simply four lane the Macomb bypass and tie it directly into US 67, then call it a day on US 67/IL-336 upgrades in Western Illinois.

IDOT's priority should be reconstructing and widening I-55 around Springfield to 6 lanes with a redesigned interchange at Clear Lake Ave that replaces the cloverleaf with a new one that allows I-72 traffic to free-flow on and off I-55.

I'm not sure Jerseyville needs a bypass since I assume most traffic on US 67 between Jerseyville and Godfrey is from Jerseyville anyway.

The main reason why US 67 probably won't be expanded between Jerseyville and Manchester and west of Jacksonville to Macomb is that west central Illinois is losing population and most long haul truckers drive on the interstates unless their destination is far out of the way like Macomb.  About the only thing I expect to happen other than 4-laning US 67 to the southern part of Jerseyville is a new bridge at Beardstown.

Edwaleni Where were those engineering plans at?

Rick Powell

Quote from: Lyon Wonder on December 22, 2021, 06:14:54 PM
The main reason why US 67 probably won't be expanded between Jerseyville and Manchester and west of Jacksonville to Macomb is that west central Illinois is losing population and most long haul truckers drive on the interstates unless their destination is far out of the way like Macomb.  About the only thing I expect to happen other than 4-laning US 67 to the southern part of Jerseyville is a new bridge at Beardstown.
The proposed Beardstown bridge was originally designed as a 4-lane replacement, but with a current traffic count of 6,000 vehicles a day it can function OK as a 2-lane and will be designed to be expandable when, if ever, the traffic requires it.

edwaleni

Quote from: 3467 on December 22, 2021, 08:05:56 PM
Edwaleni Where were those engineering plans at?

IDOT pulled down the images. I checked archive.org and they aren't there either.

edwaleni

Quote from: Lyon Wonder on December 22, 2021, 06:14:54 PM
Quote from: I-39 on December 22, 2021, 09:44:01 AM
I honestly don't think any further upgrades are needed between Macomb and Jacksonville, nor between Manchester and Jerseyville. At this point, I'd simply four lane the Macomb bypass and tie it directly into US 67, then call it a day on US 67/IL-336 upgrades in Western Illinois.

IDOT's priority should be reconstructing and widening I-55 around Springfield to 6 lanes with a redesigned interchange at Clear Lake Ave that replaces the cloverleaf with a new one that allows I-72 traffic to free-flow on and off I-55.

I'm not sure Jerseyville needs a bypass since I assume most traffic on US 67 between Jerseyville and Godfrey is from Jerseyville anyway.

Illinois still thinks they are going to capture Twin Cities-St Louis traffic. Once the Hannibal Bypass in Missouri is done its a 4 lane all the way outside of Illinois and less miles. But they persist.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.