In 1975 Texas and NM asked AASHTO for a new US route

Started by usends, January 09, 2020, 03:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usends

This would have followed what is now TX-NM 114 from Dallas to a junction between Clovis and Roswell.
If approved, what would have been an appropriate numerical designation for it?  See article
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Max Rockatansky

X70 something would have been pretty fitting for the corridor and would have a different than the numerous X80 designations floating around the general area. 

csw

I agree with Max - maybe 184 or 284 would be appropriate as well.

The Ghostbuster

Since US 62 and US 82 do not have spur routes, maybe the proposed route could have been numbered either US 162 or US 182.

usends

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on January 09, 2020, 06:11:18 PM
Since US 62 and US 82 do not have spur routes, maybe the proposed route could have been numbered either US 162 or US 182.
True, but 84 doesn't have a spur either.  Regardless, my choice would probably be US 182.  The proposed route would be most closely "related" to US 82, due to the 160-mile overlap.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

-- US 175 --

There was an article I ran across in previous research which I have since lost track of.  It was likely in the Dallas paper.  Apparently there was some talk about taking the TX 114 path and redesignating it as an extension of US 175.  I don't remember when this happened.  Sure would have been interesting if that would have progressed.  I don't remember if the redesignation would have been only within TX, or would have crossed over into NM.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.