News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

As seen online... band names?

Started by Alps, September 24, 2010, 04:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

"some streetnames are good band names. seriously"  Based on this partial, malformed quote, what street names do you know of that would be good band names?  Be a little creative here.  Shades of Death Rd., for example, lends itself nicely.

agentsteel53

not a street name, but the town named in your avatar would be a great punk rock band.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Grzrd

Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 24, 2010, 04:24:44 PM
not a street name, but the town named in your avatar would be a great punk rock band.
They could do a set with Courtney Love's band.

EDIT

Also, after fighting their way through constant substance and other forms of abuse, they could re-form the band and look to Gwinnett County, GA to reflect their struggles: Beaver Ruin Road

Duke87

I don't think Dream Street was named after an actual street, but there nonetheless do seem to be a few streets by that name out there.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Grzrd

For a Big Easy Beatles tribute band:  Elysian Fields (Ave.) Forever

EDIT

Inspired by Dover Road in Buckhead GA (Atlanta, not the one toward Augusta on I-20): Dover Soul

bugo

The Gap Band was named after three streets in Tulsa (Greenwood, Archer, Pine.)

Scott5114

You'd think someone would name a band after Oklahoma City's Triple X Road.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

golden eagle

I know these are not band names, but is there a First and Amistad, as mentioned in the Fray's "You Found Me"? Also, what about a street called Allison Road, the title of the Gin Blossoms' mid-90s hit?

Ian

Not a street name, but the control city of "The Yorks" on I-95/Maine Turnpike exit 7 BGSs would be a neat band name:
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Grzrd

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 25, 2010, 10:28:26 PM
You'd think someone would name a band after Oklahoma City's Triple X Road.
Not a band, but maybe that's where Vin Diesel got "XXX" for his 2002 Xander Cage movie.

PAHighways

hm insulators

I was looking earlier at a link devoted to the history of freeways in San Diego and California 94 is (or at least was) called the Helix Freeway, which made me think of Helix, the band. They were a 1980s metal band out of Canada.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.