News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Where have you been around the world?

Started by KEK Inc., October 13, 2010, 01:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEK Inc.

I honestly haven't really left the United States (and SW Canada).  Yellow is where I've lived, and blue is where I've visited.  I currently live in Seattle, but I filled this map in a few months ago. 
Take the road less traveled.

agentsteel53

all 50.  

All Canadian "areas" (provinces, territories, whatever the fuck they want to call them these days) except Northwest Territories, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.  

Many European countries, including some that no longer exist.

I once set foot in the Soviet Union!

otherwise, never been away from those two continents.  Sad panda!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

KEK Inc.

agentsteel53

where is Nuwait?  I am quite sure such a place does not exist (and, therefore, I have not been there).

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

In abbreviations:  CAN (BC, AB, ON, QC), USA (all fifty states except HI, WI, AL, GA, LA), MEX (Chih. & Son. only), IRL, GB, S, E, F, NL, D, A, CZ, SK, H, CH, I, P, GR, TR.  I don't count microstates or airport touchdowns.  I am only fractionally less of a sad panda than Jake since the only part of Asia I have been to touches Europe.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

KEK Inc.

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 13, 2010, 02:56:58 AM
where is Nuwait?  I am quite sure such a place does not exist (and, therefore, I have not been there).
My bad.  I based it off of memory.  I meant Nunavut.

Chris

I've never been outside Europe. I never have set a foot on a commercial airliner, so everywhere I've been was by car. I do have a lot of fun exploring Europe.

I've been in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, France, Andorra and Spain.

I usually visit a number of countries per year, for example this year I've been to Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland and Italy.

Truvelo

We had a discussion about this here. Anyway, I've been to a few more states since then so here's an update of where I've been.
Speed limits limit life

agentsteel53

Quote from: KEK Inc. on October 13, 2010, 03:43:08 AM

My bad.  I based it off of memory.  I meant Nunavut.

barely.  Since its territorial waters are defined to extend all the way up to the Quebec mainland boundary at James Bay, I've jumped across to the first rock in water off the Quebec shore and, therefore, been in Nunavut.  This was at low tide, so I may have even been in Nunavut 50 feet earlier.

jake@aaroads.com

english si

My US county clinching:
Lived - 0
Spent the night (I've napped in a couple more) - 7
  • CA
    • Los Angeles
    • San Diego
    • San Fransisco
    • San Loius Obispo
  • FL
    • Brevard
    • Orange
  • NV
    • Clark

Visited/Travelled through - 19
  • AZ
    • Coconinio
    • Mohave
    • Yapapai
  • CA
    • Alameda
    • Fresno
    • Kern
    • Kings
    • Orange
    • Merced
    • Monterey
    • San Benito
    • San Mateo
    • Santa Barbara
    • Santa Clara
    • Santa Cruz
    • Ventura
  • FL
    • Indian River
    • Lake
    • Osceola

Airport Stopover - 1
Wayne, MI

Countries -
UK, France (~10 weeks), USA (~9 weeks), Indonesia (4 weeks), Malta (12 days), Thailand (10 days + an airport transfer), Germany (1 week), Italy (6 days) and Spain (5 days)

UK counties (well, Lieutenancy areas - there's too much mess with counties, so I just picked one set!)

huskeroadgeek

I've been to 44 states(all except AK, HI, ME, MA, NH and VT), and Baja California in Mexico. One of these days I'm going to get around to doing one of those county maps. I've also been to 10 states total in Venezuela on two different mission trips(I'd be interested and a little surprised if anybody else on here has been there).

yanksfan6129

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on October 14, 2010, 09:29:22 PM
On mission? Are you are a mormon?
No. Mormons aren't the only religious group that does foreign missions.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.