Bardstown Road/Baxter Ave (Louisville, KY)

Started by CardInLex, August 07, 2020, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CardInLex

End of an era as reversible lanes are coming to an end.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/city-monitoring-recent-traffic-pattern-changes-in-the-highlands/article_d22672e2-d455-11ea-b7b1-6f26fd82be05.html

Over the past year, there have been countless times when I've driven it and the lights would be dark and not working. A few months ago at the start of the COVID slow down I noticed the peak hour changes were not happening and the off-peak configuration was in place 24/7.

Today, I drove through and noticed the "No Parking [During Peak]"  signs had been removed.

A few weeks ago, a Metro representative told me that KYTC would be restriping the road and Metro would be removing the no longer applicable signage. The new striping plan will include left turn pockets and Metro will be adding left turn phasing at select intersections. For now, the overhead lights are staying illuminated in the off-peak arrangement.

From my experiencing driving the roadway almost daily (pre-COVID) during both peak and non-peak, I think removing the reversible lanes is the appropriate thing to do. People would still illegally park during peak which just created more confusion and weaving. Will be odd when the lights are finally removed as the red and green X's and arrows give the Highland's a unique feel.

hbelkins

Quote from: CardInLex on August 07, 2020, 05:53:42 PM
End of an era as reversible lanes are coming to an end.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/city-monitoring-recent-traffic-pattern-changes-in-the-highlands/article_d22672e2-d455-11ea-b7b1-6f26fd82be05.html

Over the past year, there have been countless times when I've driven it and the lights would be dark and not working. A few months ago at the start of the COVID slow down I noticed the peak hour changes were not happening and the off-peak configuration was in place 24/7.

Today, I drove through and noticed the "No Parking [During Peak]"  signs had been removed.

A few weeks ago, a Metro representative told me that KYTC would be restriping the road and Metro would be removing the no longer applicable signage. The new striping plan will include left turn pockets and Metro will be adding left turn phasing at select intersections. For now, the overhead lights are staying illuminated in the off-peak arrangement.

From my experiencing driving the roadway almost daily (pre-COVID) during both peak and non-peak, I think removing the reversible lanes is the appropriate thing to do. People would still illegally park during peak which just created more confusion and weaving. Will be odd when the lights are finally removed as the red and green X's and arrows give the Highland's a unique feel.

This is the first place I ever saw reversible lanes. I saw them many years before they were installed on Nicholasville Road in Lexington.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

CardInLex

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.