News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Cameras keep track of all cars entering Medina

Started by mightyace, September 16, 2009, 08:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyace

My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Alps

Sickening.

QuoteMedina City Councilmember Lucius Biglow said crime prevention "outweighs concern over privacy."

A 2005 city survey showed that nearly a half of Medina's residents agreed with the camera installation.

So... the reason the cameras were installed is that the U.S. Constitution was blatantly violated?  And with more than half of the residents of the town NOT supporting it?  Think I'll be staying out of that overpriced, underintelligent locale.

vdeane

Roads are a public place, so nobody should have expectation of privacy.  Regardless, the government has declared that anything within 100 miles of the coast or an international border to be a Constitution-free zone.  It's unconstitutional to have a Constitution-free zone, but it's being done anyways.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

corco

I'm tempted to commit a crime there just so I can challenge that law

Alps

Quote from: corco on September 17, 2009, 05:35:59 PM
I'm tempted to commit a crime there just so I can challenge that law
Use your one phone call to report back to one of us.

corco

Bickendan

Better be a petty crime. Like changing lanes without signalling...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.