News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

County Highway signs

Started by sp_redelectric, June 15, 2012, 11:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp_redelectric

Pulling from the "General Discussion" forum - which counties in Oregon and Washington use county highway signs?

In Oregon it seems to be a very rarity...I want to say some counties in the eastern side of the state do, but none in the Willamette Valley or north coast do.

I can't think of any counties in Washington state that do.

xonhulu

Quote from: sp_redelectric on June 15, 2012, 11:47:32 PM
Pulling from the "General Discussion" forum - which counties in Oregon and Washington use county highway signs?

In Oregon it seems to be a very rarity...I want to say some counties in the eastern side of the state do, but none in the Willamette Valley or north coast do.

Douglas County (Roseburg) has been using them for years.  Lane County (Eugene) has also started using them, for example the new Bob Straub Parkway is signed with the blue pentagons (CR 1995, I think).  <edit: it's actually CR 1994>  I can't speak of any eastern Oregon examples, but I think you are right.

QuoteI can't think of any counties in Washington state that do.

Me, either.

Bickendan

Supposedly Delta Highway in Eugene has a CR number (I forget off hand, but it's noted in OSM), but it's never been posted in the field.

luokou

I recall seeing one for Baker County a number of years ago, just forgot what the number was.

Couple of examples from Harney County:

(both pictures are from sagebrushgis on flickr)

And a photo from the AARoads Shield Gallery:

Tarkus

A segment of the Northwest Expressway in NW Eugene/Lane County is also signed as a county route with a pentagonal shield . . . I can't remember the number at the moment, however, but it's also a 4-digit like Bob Straub Pkwy (I seem to recall it beginning with 18-).  Delta Highway hasn't been signed . . . I don't know if there's any others out there signed in the field.

Grant County also has pentagonal sign county routes . . . the Izee-Paulina road appears to have on StreetView.

xonhulu

The segment of 30th Ave maintained by Lane County is also posted with a blue pentagon shield, and its number is also in the 1800's.

sp_redelectric

I guess I need to start paying attention in Lane County...not that I'm down that way very often, but was there last month and didn't run into any of those signs.

Thanks!

OCGuy81

I haven't seen that many up there.  My wife and I just bought a place in Bend to use as a vacation home/rental and I want to say that Deschutes and/or Klamath Counties may have some, but I might be thinking National Forest Roads or thinking of the ones I saw in Shasta and Siskiyou Counties, CA.  It gets to be a loonnng drive. :-)

Driving on the 5, I don't think I've seen any in Oregon, or Washington.

xonhulu

I just got back from camping in eastern Oregon, and I can report that Crook and Grant Counties both use the blue county highway signs extensively.  I might have seen some in Baker County, as someone reported above.  I didn't see any in Deschutes County or any of the other counties I went through, but I really wasn't looking for them, either.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.