News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Northwest Florida Road News

Started by FLRoads, February 26, 2009, 12:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

DeaconG

Quote from: NE2 on June 06, 2016, 10:18:23 AM
Quote from: D-Dey65 on June 06, 2016, 09:21:46 AM
Quote from: NE2 on June 05, 2016, 11:14:34 PM
You do that. I can't without knowing what your route is.
I just said it was US 27.
:banghead:

No tolls here: http://www.google.com/maps/dir/30.4034203,-84.0356253/30.5834441,-84.4010224/@30.4930736,-84.3576398,11z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m3!4m2!3e0!5i1

Thank you. I have family in Tallahassee and have been going there for over 40 years. If US 27 had tolls on it EVER I would have known it.
Also, you would think he'd check the SunPass website to see if there were any facilities on it.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

D-Dey65

Quote from: DeaconG on June 06, 2016, 12:41:45 PM
Thank you. I have family in Tallahassee and have been going there for over 40 years. If US 27 had tolls on it EVER I would have known it.
Also, you would think he'd check the SunPass website to see if there were any facilities on it.
That probably would've been a good idea, but either way, since there are no tolls, Google shouldn't say there are. I'm going to do this again, and report it as false.

UPDATE: I see where the tolls they were talking about are now... the SUNCOAST PARKWAY.

Well, at least we got that resolved.

NE2

Quote from: D-Dey65 on June 06, 2016, 02:04:51 PM
UPDATE: I see where the tolls they were talking about are now... the SUNCOAST PARKWAY.

It would have been resolved much faster had we been able to help you...

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

DeaconG

Quote from: D-Dey65 on June 06, 2016, 02:04:51 PM
Quote from: DeaconG on June 06, 2016, 12:41:45 PM
That probably would've been a good idea, but either way, since there are no tolls, Google shouldn't say there are. I'm going to do this again, and report it as false.

But US 27 isn't anywhere near...oh never mind.
These are the same idiots that allowed US202 to be designated Quebec Route 338.
I won't even consider expending the energy to slam my head against the desk.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

NE2

The only idiot here is D-Dey65, getting directions that included SR 589 and US 27 and somehow assuming the toll applied to the latter rather than the former.

D-Dey65

Quote from: NE2 on June 06, 2016, 10:25:59 PM
The only idiot here is D-Dey65, getting directions that included SR 589 and US 27 and somehow assuming the toll applied to the latter rather than the former.
What I saw was a warning saying that there were tolls, and a bunch of yellow markings along US 27 mixed in with the blue that Google used for the route. I don't need to be told that US 27 is nowhere near Suncoast Parkway, and I knew Suncoast was a toll road before they even brought it up to SR 50.

NE2

Quote from: D-Dey65 on June 11, 2016, 12:27:28 AM
a bunch of yellow markings along US 27 mixed in with the blue that Google used for the route
Slow traffic.

emory

Back in April, the City of Panama City Beach requested that FDOT relinquish the portion of SR 30 between S. Thomas Drive and SR 392A from the state highway system over to city maintenance. Roughly 0.3 miles of road.  http://www.pcbgov.com/Home/ShowDocument?id=5598

emory

emory

Bay County Road 390 may be re-entering the state highway system in a swap for segments of SR 30/Front Beach Road, allowing the county to fund the widening of now CR 390.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/20160514/bay-mulls-turning-county-390-over-to-state

Alex

The old proposal to build a bridge south from Wright Parkway is one of the preferred Alternatives (#1).

FDOT reveals plans for a new bridge onto Okaloosa Island

QuotePlans for a second bridge onto Okaloosa Island are starting to take shape. On Tuesday, Florida Department of Transportation revealed some of the ways they could put a new crossing over Santa Rosa Sound to alleviate traffic issues on Highway 98.

QuoteThis would be a completely separate project from the Brooks Bridge Replacement set for 2022. Ian Satter, the spokesperson for FDOT, explains the Brooks Bridge will not solve the congestion issue. The Santa Rosa Sound Crossing hopefully would. Right now, that area sees roughly 50,000 cars come through each day.

Alex

FDOT taking comments on 98 widening

QuoteTuesday was the kick-off of the Project Development & Environment (PD&E) study to discuss the widening of U.S. 98 from four lanes to six lanes, increasing the efficiency of intersections and improving safety.

The proposed widening would be from Portside Drive in Gulf Breeze to Mary Esther Boulevard – about 25 miles.

This is an open house to get feedback from citizens, which will be taken into consideration,"  said Tanya Branton, public information officer with Florida Department of Transportation. "In about nine to 10 months, we'll be back for a meeting to provide alternatives."

Branton said there is nothing funded for the projects outside the PD&E study. The project is part of the FDOT 5-year work program and is expected to be approved by mid 2019.

emory

Bay County Road 390 is now under state maintenance, joining existing State Road 390.

State Road 30 from Deluna Place to US 98 is now Bay County Road 30.

http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/fdot-bay-county-swap-control-of-two-roads

Alex

Quote from: emory on October 03, 2016, 06:49:09 PM
Bay County Road 390 is now under state maintenance, joining existing State Road 390.

State Road 30 from Deluna Place to US 98 is now Bay County Road 30.

http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/fdot-bay-county-swap-control-of-two-roads

May check this out today. The change will likely ko another set of keys shields too.

NE2

Quote from: Alex on October 13, 2016, 09:08:45 AM
May check this out today. The change will likely ko another set of keys shields too.
As of Tuesday, the only keys shield on 390 is the seemingly random one on Illinois Avenue.

390 itself is signed as a state road both ways from 77, but with a county adopt-a-highway sign. There is nothing at the CR 389 intersection; we did not make it to the east end.

Alex

Quote from: NE2 on October 13, 2016, 11:34:35 AM
Quote from: Alex on October 13, 2016, 09:08:45 AM
As of Tuesday, the only keys shield on 390 is the seemingly random one on Illinois Avenue.

390 itself is signed as a state road both ways from 77, but with a county adopt-a-highway sign. There is nothing at the CR 389 intersection; we did not make it to the east end.

Looks like all that was done thus far was the removal of any references to CR 390, and the aforementioned reference on SR 77. Signage at the west end of SR 30 on US 98 is still unchanged and I saw no shield on eastbound at the beginning.

Avalanchez71

Wow it wasn't that long ago that CR 30 was US 98 ALT.  GSV still shows that there are still ALT US 98 signs around on SR 392 and others.

Alex

As part of a loop I did south from Crestview to Panama City Beach and back north to I-10 near Sneads, I checked the status of two projects to see if they were complete. The flyover from FL 123 north to FL 85 north is open, but the rest of the route remains with just two lanes with construction scheduled through "Winter 2017"

The new Choctawhatchee Bay bridge is open for U.S. 331, but with two-way traffic as construction reconfigures the original span for southbound travel. The new span stays elevated for the entire length across the bay while the older roadway travels partially at-grade along a causeway.

The four-laning of U.S. 331 is complete north from the bridge to Freeport now. But the addition of five signalized intersections, including one for a brand new Publix, is quite annoying.

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on October 14, 2016, 12:15:55 PM
Wow it wasn't that long ago that CR 30 was US 98 ALT.  GSV still shows that there are still ALT US 98 signs around on SR 392 and others.

There were still a few posted on intersecting roads in 2011. They are likely still there given the reverse video US 98 and 30A keys shields are still posted in Laguna Beach as of yesterday.

NE2

The last piece of SR 79 widening south of I-10 is in progress.

Alex

Quote from: NE2 on October 14, 2016, 04:23:03 PM
The last piece of SR 79 widening south of I-10 is in progress.

My original plan was to return north via SR 79 to I-10 to check on that, but then I saw the post about SR 390 and opted to drive SR 388 and see what the status of new SR 390 was.

When I last drove 388 it was still a county road. Yesterday there was no eastbound shield for SR 388 until the entrance to NW Florida Beaches Int'l. Surprisingly there was a trailblazer for CR 388 at the east end directing to SR 77 north for the east branch of the county road. Speed limits were posted at 60 MPH.

emory

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on October 14, 2016, 12:15:55 PM

How old are those GSV images? Because straight-line diagrams and Wikipedia all label SR 392 as SR 392A.

NE2

392/392A is inconsistently signed as both.

allniter89

Finally progress on a much needed west bypasss for Crestview. I hope they do it right & build an exit for Antioch Rd. It could be problematic b/c there are two large apt complexes on the east side of the jct & a school at the southwest side of the Antioch Rd I 10 intersection. http://www.crestviewbulletin.com/article/20151015/NEWS/151019468
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.