Regional Boards > Mountain West

Phoenix Area Highways

<< < (2/131) > >>

707:

--- Quote from: blanketcomputer on March 12, 2015, 04:20:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: 707 on March 12, 2015, 01:52:47 AM ---I was surprised to see that a brief stint of AZ 24 was constructed on Loop 202 last year. Though I wonder why they even built that brief section and didn't use that money on US 93, I-10 or Loop 303.

--- End quote ---

The City of Mesa issued bonds to expedite the construction of the first mile of SR 24.

--- End quote ---

That explains it then. Does ADOT issue bonds to raise money for its projects as well?

blanketcomputer:

--- Quote from: 707 on March 12, 2015, 11:33:18 AM ---That explains it then. Does ADOT issue bonds to raise money for its projects as well?

--- End quote ---

I am not sure bonds are issued for specific projects, but the State Transportation Board does issue bonds for the highway user revenue fund and the regional area road fund.

Sonic99:

--- Quote from: 707 on March 12, 2015, 01:52:47 AM ---I was surprised to see that a brief stint of AZ 24 was constructed on Loop 202 last year. Though I wonder why they even built that brief section and didn't use that money on US 93, I-10 or Loop 303.

--- End quote ---

The City of Mesa issued bonds to expedite the construction of the first mile of SR 24.

--- End quote ---

That move kinda confused me, as AZ 24 really has no purpose and doesn't go anywhere. Seems like Mesa spent a lot of money on something that there is very benefit from considering how short the road is. Basically it's a really fancy offramp for Ellsworth.

707:

--- Quote from: Sonic99 on March 12, 2015, 11:12:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That move kinda confused me, as AZ 24 really has no purpose and doesn't go anywhere. Seems like Mesa spent a lot of money on something that there is very benefit from considering how short the road is. Basically it's a really fancy offramp for Ellsworth.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly. I can understand AZ 24 being a shortcut to the AZ 79/US 60 Florence Interchange in the future, but the current status of it as this luxurious off ramp is kind of silly.

blanketcomputer:

--- Quote from: 707 on March 13, 2015, 11:16:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sonic99 on March 12, 2015, 11:12:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly. I can understand AZ 24 being a shortcut to the AZ 79/US 60 Florence Interchange in the future, but the current status of it as this luxurious off ramp is kind of silly.

--- End quote ---

Mesa has been focusing a lot of spending in the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport and ASU Polytech area, along with the large residential developments quickly being built just off the SR 24 Ellsworth Road exit. Future expansions of the Gateway airport terminal call for some interesting ramps to and from SR 24 and Mesa has always been very active in getting the freeways it wants built. Construction of the Loop 202 interchange and the mile of ramps to Ellsworth Road was scheduled for 2016, then Ellsworth Road to Meridian Road in 2026, and it's up to Pinal County east of Meridian Road because SR 24 is being built from Maricopa County's Prop. 400 sales tax revenue to the county line. Mesa's bonds moved phase 1 construction to when it began in 2012. The extension east of Ellsworth is still scheduled for 2026 when SR 30 is scheduled to begin construction as well.

The added bonus of the early interchange construction is the traffic using Ellsworth Road from Queen Creek and San Tan Valley can now use SR 24 to Loop 202 to get anywhere in the valley instead of having to head north through more residential areas of Mesa to get to Loop 202 or US 60.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version