News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

FL 60/Courtney Campbell Causeway

Started by Max Rockatansky, January 15, 2019, 09:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Drove FL 60 to US 19 on my way back around Tampa Bay which goes directly over the Courtney Campbell Causeway west of FL 589/Veterans Expressway.  My photos are below:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmzcfyMv

roadman65

The other day all ten miles westbound across it was stop and go. That bridge is a mess.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadman65 on January 17, 2019, 08:50:22 AM
The other day all ten miles westbound across it was stop and go. That bridge is a mess.

I'm sure, I've been on before when it gets like that.  Probably didn't hurt I was headed westbound mid-say between the rush hours.  Even US 19 wasn't all that bad compared to ugly it gets at times. 

Max Rockatansky

Finished up my blog post on the Courtney Campbell Causeway:

https://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2019/02/florida-state-road-60-over-courtney.html

Something I didn't hit on in the blog but I noticed in map research was that FL 589 was multiplexed on FL 60/Columbus Drive west to the Causeway.  I'm assuming that this was part of some early fledged attempt to built the Veteran's Expressway but I was pretty surprised to see the route back in the 1950s.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 17, 2019, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on January 17, 2019, 08:50:22 AM

I'm sure, I've been on before when it gets like that.  Probably didn't hurt I was headed westbound mid-say between the rush hours.  Even US 19 wasn't all that bad compared to ugly it gets at times. 

Wasn't once some plans to turn FL-60 into a freeway between US-19 and FL-589/Veterans expressway?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.