News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Bridges over railroads vs roads

Started by tolbs17, January 25, 2022, 08:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

The US-17 Business bridge over this railroad started in November 2021 and it's expected to take until Spring 2023 and that's well over a year.

Compared to this one on I-40 and it started around the same time as the one I mentioned up and it will only take like 6 months to replace. That's a big difference in timeframe!

I'm guessing bridges that go over railroads take longer to build than normal roads. Like see this bridge and nothing has been done here.

So building and replacing bridges over railroads take 3x longer than building bridges over normal roads?

Big John

Railroads have priority on bridgework.  The track(s) may not be hindered during construction and construction must be halted when there is a train going underneath it.

tolbs17

Quote from: Big John on January 25, 2022, 08:54:59 PM
Railroads have priority on bridgework.  The track(s) may not be hindered during construction and construction must be halted when there is a train going underneath it.
Makes sense.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.