News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Anyone remember this sign on the 15 Freeway?

Started by dbz77, October 07, 2022, 02:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbz77

https://goo.gl/maps/5xRHbeXXbcJPRH4A9

I wonder why they took it down. It was useful to know how far it is to the rest areas, and to Primm (111 miles)

i-215

I drive the I-15 a lot (maybe 5-6 times each year) and I have no memory of that sign.  I guess I was always so focused on the freeway interchange, that I ignored it?

roadfro

Looking at the Street Views, the sign appears to have been added between January 2008 & July 2012, and then removed between December 2015 and April 2018.

My guess is that Caltrans was doing major repairs to the rest areas over time, which necessitated long-term closures of the rest areas. This sign was probably put up to inform motorists of where would be next likely reasonable places to stop on the way to Las Vegas, and serve as a well-in-advance notice that rest areas would be closed so people could plan accordingly.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.