News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7/8

My 15-minute commute became 50 minutes tonight due to the first snow storm of the year (5-10 cm). There's a steep hill where I saw two cars get stuck (I helped push one of them back onto the road) and my car barely made it up. Only one more week until I get my snow tires on!

jemacedo9

The Philly suburbs got screwed again.  The forecast was up to an inch of snow, then a change to sleet, then a change to rain.  At 11AM, we had two inches of snow and everyone panicked and left work, schools closed early, and all before the plows were just getting out.  Most peoples commutes were 4-6 hours plus because everything became a gridlocked mess of stuck cars and trucks.  Oh, and the snow didn't change to sleet until 4-6 inches later, around 6PM.

ipeters61

Quote from: jemacedo9 on November 15, 2018, 09:31:49 PM
The Philly suburbs got screwed again.  The forecast was up to an inch of snow, then a change to sleet, then a change to rain.  At 11AM, we had two inches of snow and everyone panicked and left work, schools closed early, and all before the plows were just getting out.  Most peoples commutes were 4-6 hours plus because everything became a gridlocked mess of stuck cars and trucks.  Oh, and the snow didn't change to sleet until 4-6 inches later, around 6PM.
I was looking at Google Maps around 3:30 and the entirety of Pennsylvania (at least east of Pittsburgh) just looked like a disaster with the traffic layer turned on.  On the CBS Evening News, I saw footage from Lancaster that looked absolutely treacherous.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

Alps

People in North Jersey are having 4-7 hour commutes. My 10 minute commute became 17 minutes because I waited for everyone to jam onto the highways before using the clear back roads.

Hurricane Rex

Finally some rain in Oregon. We are now in a moderate drought.

LG-TP260

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

epzik8

Overcast but with no precipitation nearby.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

hotdogPi

Yesterday: 54°. I didn't need a jacket until 9 PM. Today will be getting into the low 40s, which also seems high, but it's only 3—4° above the average.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

ipeters61

Light rain during the day and heavy rain during the night since Friday evening in central Delaware and, from what I understand, the rest of Delmarva.  High 40s to low 50s for a high.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

1995hoo

So tired of all the rain. It's been raining all weekend. We went to L'Auberge Chez François in Great Falls for dinner last night and it was a very nerve-wracking drive due to a lot of standing water flooding various roads (one road I wanted to use was closed), plus a tree down on Wiehle Avenue in Reston.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Hurricane Rex

Decent rain this last week, looks like we are getting a storm on Tuesday and a pretty good one at that, with some heavy gusts, maybe a 60.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

Eth

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 16, 2018, 11:03:55 AM
So tired of all the rain. It's been raining all weekend. We went to L'Auberge Chez François in Great Falls for dinner last night and it was a very nerve-wracking drive due to a lot of standing water flooding various roads (one road I wanted to use was closed), plus a tree down on Wiehle Avenue in Reston.

Co-signed. I just got back from Orlando; driving down there from Atlanta on Friday was quite unpleasant. The constant-ish light rain in Georgia wasn't too bad, but things got considerably worse south of the border. I always have my GPS on for long-distance drives in case of traffic calamities, and the heavy rain did a number on I-75 causing numerous crashes. I ended up being routed around one via CRs 318/225/329/225A and US 27, and the amount of standing water on the back roads was disconcerting. Made it through without issue, though.

Rain was thankfully absent on my return trip today. In fact I got abundant sunshine with temperatures in the 50s and 60s along the route, peaking around 70 somewhere in central Georgia. Now clear and 49 here at home, bound for a low in the upper 30s. Reasonably standard fare for mid-December here.

1995hoo

The weather on Friday for travel on the East Coast sounds less than promising. We're planning to drive to Jacksonville. Looks like it'll feel like a very long day.

Hurricane Rex

Flood advisory and wind advisory are in effect now.

LG-TP260

Running till I die.

kevinb1994

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 17, 2018, 08:25:25 PM
The weather on Friday for travel on the East Coast sounds less than promising. We're planning to drive to Jacksonville. Looks like it'll feel like a very long day.

It'll be raining here in our area of JAX (Deerwood-Southside) on Thursday but not Friday. My one and only big sister should be ok as long as her flight here from EWR Friday afternoon/evening isn't delayed or canceled like it has been on occasion. United can suck it.

1995hoo

Quote from: kevinb1994 on December 18, 2018, 01:55:05 AM

It'll be raining here in our area of JAX (Deerwood-Southside) on Thursday but not Friday. My one and only big sister should be ok as long as her flight here from EWR Friday afternoon/evening isn't delayed or canceled like it has been on occasion. United can suck it.

The forecast maps on last night's news make it look like the part of the trip through Virginia and the Carolinas could be very rainy. My wife suggested leaving late Thursday and driving three or four hours, but I said no–if I'm gonna drive any distance in the rain, I'd prefer doing it during the day.

kevinb1994

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 18, 2018, 08:42:46 AM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on December 18, 2018, 01:55:05 AM

The forecast maps on last night's news make it look like the part of the trip through Virginia and the Carolinas could be very rainy. My wife suggested leaving late Thursday and driving three or four hours, but I said no–if I'm gonna drive any distance in the rain, I'd prefer doing it during the day.

I'm with you on that–I'd rather drive in the rain during daylight hours as well.

Bruce

jakeroot

Only sort of "tornadic" prediction I saw for the forecast was the chance for thunder. Didn't expect a full blown tornado.

https://twitter.com/TedLandK5/status/1075164805609082880

Max Rockatansky

About 60F during the day and 45F at night, so just about perfect.  Even the Tule Fog and rain has been mild this year.

Roadgeekteen

Cold and 41. Supposed to be 61 and raining on friday :banghead:.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hotdogPi

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 19, 2018, 10:02:38 PM
Supposed to be 61 and raining on friday :banghead:.

Why :banghead:? Way better than single digits.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: 1 on December 19, 2018, 10:09:52 PM

I'm very rain adverse. I would say that it is better than single digits though.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 19, 2018, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: 1 on December 19, 2018, 10:09:52 PM

I'm very rain adverse. I would say that it is better than single digits though.

I think it's the rain that's adverse and you that's averse.

Roadgeekteen

Was 42 and cloudy today. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

Hurricane Rex

Running till I die.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.