News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Closest To Your Home

Started by Ian, August 18, 2009, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Warrior

allniter89

Poquito Bayou neighborhood, Shalimar, FL
Okaloosa Co Rt 85B
FL 85
FL 189
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

FLRoads

I think that FL 85A has been decommissioned for a long time. The only remnant of that route is a sign along FL 85 northbound before the split with unsigned FL 397. The only other 85A (and it's a county route) that I am aware of is between FL 189 and FL 85 in Cinco Bayou and it is only signed from FL 189.

golden eagle

I'm about 3/4 of a mile from I-55. MS 25 is about two miles from me.

When I lived in Duluth, GA, I-85 was pretty much in the backyard of the apartment complex I was living in. In California, the 94 freeway in San Diego County is almost up against the complex I lived at out there.

mgk920

Me?

County highway - Winnebago County 'P'
State highway (marked)- WI 47
US highway - US 10
Interstate highway - I-43

(Note, Oneida St from US 10/WI 441 northward to and across the Skyline Bridge in downtown Appleton is on the books as a state highway, but is not numbered nor marked as such - I currently live within a block or two of the north end of that bridge.)

Mike

Darkchylde

Interstate: I-12 (within 500 feet)
State Highway: LA 1088 (0.4 mile)
US Highway: US 190 (4 miles)

DBrim

State: MA 9.  20 feet (I live on it).  16 is 1/4 mile away, 2 and 2A are about 1/2 mile away.
US: Current alignments; 3 and 20 (tie)... old, 1.  I'm about a mile from the starts of 3 and 20 (roughly equidistant), but old 1 came within 1/2 a mile before it was routed onto the 93.
Interstate: 90.  1/3 mile (ish)

r-dub

For me in Colorado Springs:

State: CO-115. It's a literal stone's throw from my front porch
US: Was US 85 before the Springs's Great Route Switch (2 miles): now US 24 (about 5 miles)
Interstate: 25 (3 miles)
Ryan "r-dub"
Roadgeekin' Colorado Style

Mike_OH

Nearest US/State road: US 22/OH 3 (multiplexed)=0.1 miles
Nearest highway: OH 562 (a.k.a. Norwood Lateral)=0.5 miles
Nearest Interstate: I-71=1.5 miles

auumn

I-295 (8 blocks)
NY 25A (5 blocks)
US 1/US 9 (10 miles :-o)
Irish-American and French-American Pride since 1994

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.