News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Misbehaving during standardized tests

Started by bandit957, January 19, 2019, 04:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHighwayMan

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Beltway

Quote from: kphoger on January 21, 2019, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on January 19, 2019, 04:37:39 AM
They always passed gas
How dare they!
Thread drift:  Are you able to hold in your farts?  I'm not.

It takes some work, but I am not going to let one go when there are people around, at least not indoors.

I many have done that (actually did a few) in the 7th Grade, but not as an adult.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Beltway on January 21, 2019, 05:25:01 PM
They always passed gas
How dare they!

It takes some work, but I am not going to let one go when there are people around, at least not indoors.

I many have done that (actually did a few) in the 7th Grade, but not as an adult.
I actually have a hard time keeping them in sometimes, but I think I'm getting better.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

SectorZ

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 21, 2019, 05:35:56 PM
They always passed gas
How dare they!

I actually have a hard time keeping them in sometimes, but I think I'm getting better.

Bandit, proud of what you started here?

In_Correct

There was nothing nearly as bad during my Standardized Tests. The worst thing I can think of is a class mate's cell phone rang despite the teacher warning us it is an automatic failure and dismissal.

The teacher did tell her to go outside in the hall while she talks to her, the classmate protesting the entire time. But she did not fail and she did not get kicked out. The teacher only griped: "Do you know that you caused everybody lose time on their test?!" and said if there was one more interruption she would kick her out.

During the intermission, that class mate and the other class mates mocked the teacher even though she was not kicked out.

I know it was an accident, but if I am supposed to follow the rules (go as far as leave the battery out or even not bring my cell phone) I want every body else to follow the rules also.

I was not able to concentrate after that disruption happened. While that is the only disruption that ever happened, I certainly would cringe if there was any farting and giggling.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

bandit957

Quote from: SectorZ on January 21, 2019, 06:05:57 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 21, 2019, 05:35:56 PM
They always passed gas
How dare they!

Bandit, proud of what you started here?

Yes.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bandit957

I remember once in high school, we had our standardized test in a huge auditorium. People kept loudly passing gas the whole time. Finally, the guidance counselor (an elderly nun) stood up in front of the room and said, "Whoever is doing that is going to have to be isolated."

TheHighwayMan3561

They always passed gas

How dare they!

Depends on a few things. Usually if I can't hold it in it means something more ominous that needs an imminent release is waiting for launch.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: bandit957 on January 21, 2019, 07:05:26 PM
I remember once in high school, we had our standardized test in a huge auditorium. People kept loudly passing gas the whole time. Finally, the guidance counselor (an elderly nun) stood up in front of the room and said, "Whoever is doing that is going to have to be isolated."
nuns work at schools?

bandit957

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 21, 2019, 09:13:31 PM
nuns work at schools?

This was in a Catholic school.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: bandit957 on January 21, 2019, 09:15:59 PM
nuns work at schools?

What does "isolated" mean?

bandit957

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 21, 2019, 09:17:59 PM
nuns work at schools?

I think someone said something about being "isolated" in a "stink chamber."

hotdogPi

nuns work at schools?

In this context, removed from the rest of the group and put in a separate room.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kphoger

Quote from: In_Correct on January 21, 2019, 06:58:43 PM
or even not bring my cell phone

*gasp*

nuns work at schools?

:pan:  You've never heard of a Catholic school?

Being given the test in a room away from other people, I assume.  This is not hard to comprehend.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

bandit957

Farts don't do anything except stink up the place and make a stupid sound, but 100% of everyone who has ever lived agree they're hilarious.

kphoger

Old people farts are the best.  Especially when they walk and mini-farts escape with every step.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

adventurernumber1

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Beltway

Quote from: bandit957 on January 21, 2019, 09:55:27 PM
Farts don't do anything except stink up the place and make a stupid sound, but 100% of everyone who has ever lived agree they're hilarious.

Not really ... loud belching is humorous, though.

(Robert Coté, 2002)

SectorZ

Quote from: Beltway on January 21, 2019, 11:31:12 PM

I once knew a woman (note I didn't call her a lady) that could not only belch loudly but with significant hang time. She actually belched the alphabet once. After a while, you just go from being disgusted to impressed.

bandit957

Quote from: SectorZ on January 22, 2019, 08:26:51 AM

I once knew a woman (note I didn't call her a lady) that could not only belch loudly but with significant hang time. She actually belched the alphabet once. After a while, you just go from being disgusted to impressed.

When I was in school, kids used to fart different melodies. In grade school, some kid farted the "shave and a haircut" melody after hearing it used for the "Volkswagen does it again" jingle. In high school, someone farted the melody of the chorus of "Stayin' Alive."

abefroman329

One of the gym teachers in junior high was proctoring the test I took one year, and she really didn't like me, and was convinced I'd Christmas-treed the test because I finished it so quickly.  I probably should've taken my results to her after they came in (somewhere north of the 90th percentile), but I don't think she had the intellectual capacity to understand why that was proof I didn't Christmas-tree the test.

Beltway

Quote from: SectorZ on January 22, 2019, 08:26:51 AM

I call that the "after belch" or the residual belch.  The belch that continues after the initial belch ends.

(Robert Coté, 2002)

LM117

Quote from: kphoger on January 21, 2019, 10:03:59 PM
Old people farts are the best.  Especially when they walk and mini-farts escape with every step.

When did you meet my grandma? :-D
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

LM117

Quote from: GaryV on January 19, 2019, 10:57:45 AM
Not a standardized test, but through junior high and high school we had to fill out the same career interest survey each year.  About 11th grade, the whole class decided they wanted to be undertakers.

No love for Kane?
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.